Alumni Career Services
As a Penn State graduate, you have access to career development services and programs offered through Alumni Career Services, a partnership between Penn State Career Services within Student Affairs and the Penn State Alumni Association.
Your career will go through different seasons, ups, downs, twists, and turns. Turn to Penn State Alumni Career Services to help you navigate both the times of smooth sailing and the more challenging times in your career. We offer Penn State alumni services that support career changes and job transitions – from networking opportunities to resume reviews to one-to-one counseling.
Many services are offered by phone, internet, or other remote access to provide needed assistance to all alumni regardless of their geographic location.
For more information about Alumni Career Services and the programs/services we offer, please contact the office at 814-865-LINK (5465), AlumniCareer@psu.edu or visit us at University Park in 102 Bank of America Career Services Center.
Overview of Services
Alumni Career Services offers a range of services to help alumni of all life stages, majors, and industries navigate their careers.
- Career development and management assistance
- Resume critiques and interview preparation
- Career and personal assessments
- Phone and in-person appointments
- Networking assistance, programs and events
- Career Workshops and seminars
Develop effective strategies to launch and manage a strategic job search.
- Online Posting and Job Board
- On-Campus Interviewing
- Networking programs and events
- Personal job-search plan development and coaching
It is who you know and who knows you! A diverse array of tools from high touch to high tech allow alumni to make connections, build relationships, and gain the inside stories from other alumni.
- LionLink Networking Database
- Nittany Networking Events
- LinkedIn Penn State Alumni Group and related subgroups
- City Lights and other regional educational events
- Connect with alumni in more than 270 alumni groups and chapters worldwide
- Online Alumni Directory – Penn State’s Pride
- Arts Festival Reunions and other alumni events
Career Changing or Re-entering the Job Market
Tailored services to meet the unique needs of those considering a change in career direction, returning to or leaving the marketplace, entering graduate school, or adapting career path before and during retirement.
- Career counseling appointments for job search training and transferable skills assessment
- Interactive Webinars and career workshops such as Alumni JOBSearch and Alumni CareerShape
- Graduate/professional school assistance