Connections: Ways Alums Can Help
When it comes to job hunting, we’ve all heard, “It’s not what you know, it’s who you know.” But what if you don’t know anyone? Penn State alums can help current Penn State students and fellow alums by making those important connections. Best of all: it’s fast and easy.
In a tough economy, networking and making connections is more important than ever. And who better to help than the extended Penn State family? The Penn State Alumni Association and Penn State Career Services are working together to provide career support to Penn Staters.
Here are easy ways you can help:
- Share job or internship opportunities in your organization, your industry, or your geographic area for students and alumni
- Mentor and network directly with Penn State students and alumni through LionLink
- Let a Penn State student shadow you or one of your colleagues at work
- Join “Penn State Career Connection,” a LinkedIn group connecting students with employers and alumni and join the “Official Penn State Alumni Association LinkedIn group” to connect with other alumni
- Attend a Nittany Networking Event and share advice and information with other alumni and college seniors