Need to sharpen your interviewing skills for an upcoming interview?
InterviewStream can help!
Before heading into your next interview, spend 30 minutes using InterviewStream, which allows you to practice for any internship or job interview with the use of a computer/webcam or tablet.
Penn State Career Services encourages students and alumni to use this software as a tool for practicing and improving interviewing skills. You must be a Penn State student or alumnus to use InterviewStream.
Penn State Students and Alumni
- InterviewStream is to be used for independent self-review and critiquing of interviewing skills. For more in-depth interview practice, you may schedule an in-person mock interview at Career Services based on availability.
- Video interviews are able to be shared via email with another individual that you trust to provide you with solid feedback. These may include faculty, advisors, employers, supervisors, friends and family. However, if you request feedback, you will need to be respectful of the many commitments being managed by staff, faculty, employers, and alumni. These individuals may choose to review your videos and provide feedback, but they are under no obligation to do so.
- Be advised that email is not a secure medium, and your video links could be forwarded.
Penn State Faculty, Staff and Student Organizations
- InterviewStream may be used for self-review or peer critiquing exercises within academic courses; faculty and course instructors may also choose to review and evaluate students’ video interviews as part of their course syllabi. Career Services can assist you with questions related to using InterviewStream.
- Career Services staff members are not able to accommodate requests for individual video interview critiques. However, please contact Career Services to discuss options for interviewing skills workshops which may incorporate the use of InterviewStream.
- Conduct a virtual interview! Note: you must have a PC or laptop computer with webcam, or a tablet device. Contact Media and Technology Support Services to reserve or borrow a webcam.
- The interviewer will ask you a question and you will have a set time limit to respond. When finished with your response, click the mouse and it will stop recording.
- Click “Review” to see your response. After each question, you can either “Retry”, “Skip” or choose “OK” to move on.
- When the interview is complete, you will receive an email with a link to view your responses. You can view your video and/or email it to a trusted mentor, professional, family member, or friend to review and give feedback. (Please note the Policies and Guidelines for use.)
- Repeat! The more practice you get, the better your interviewing skills will become!