Penn State Career Services
Penn State Career Services makes every effort to secure and protect the privacy of your personal information.
Through Nittany Lion Career Network (NLCN), Career Services contracts with NACElink Network to provide Penn State students and alumni with additional job postings and resume services. Please refer to the NACElink Privacy Statement for technical details and a description of the NACElink.com site.
Collection of Personal Information
Some areas of our website collect personal information for the following purposes:
- Authentication: programs that require registration utilize a login name and password to authenticate returning users.
- Identification: some forms on our website ask for personal information such as your name and email address, so that we can respond to a request or question. Such information is voluntary unless otherwise noted on the form. However, not providing any contact information may make it impossible for us to respond personally to you.
- Statistical Usage: some pages on our website may record your personal information, in order to provide statistical data. This information is used in aggregate form, and does not personally identify you.
Distribution of Student Resumes
- Through NACElink, available via the NLCN website, registered students and alumni can post resumes, view and apply for jobs, and schedule on-campus interviews. The information in a candidate’s profile is used by NLCN for job-search advising, promoting programs and services, notifying candidates of employment opportunities, and referring qualified candidates to employers.
- Resumes are not shared with third parties, such as employment agencies or search firms.
- Only the resumes of students who have given permission to have their resumes released to employers are shared with prospective employers.
- Resumes are selected based on objective, legally-permissible requirements.
Career Services may conduct searches on resumes and candidate profiles to notify candidates of educational or employment opportunities through email communications. By entering data into the NLCN system, students and alumni may have data included in aggregate reports used for evaluation of employment activities, educational programs, reports developed for institutional studies, and salary surveys.
NACElink cannot use or sell individual candidate data. Unlike commercial vendors, NACElink staff cannot look at individual candidate data.
Personally identifiable information is protected both on - and off-line. The data of students, alumni, and employers are password protected. NACElink has technical, administrative, and physical security measures and safeguards in place to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of information under NACE’s control.
NLCN does not endorse any employer and urges students to use good judgment in all of their interactions with employers. NLCN suggests that students request business references for unknown organizations before interviewing with them off campus or exploring job opportunities. Students should never give a potential employer their credit card, social security numbers, or bank account numbers, and never spend any of their own money on an employment “opportunity” unless very certain that it is for a legitimate reason (such as training costs).
Students and alumni should contact Penn State Career Services if they have any concerns about the use of their information. Students and alumni can view, correct or change their information by logging into their account on the NLCN website.
While using the Career Services website, you may encounter hypertext links to the Web pages of organizations not directly affiliated with Penn State Career Services or Penn State University. Career Services does not control the content or information practices of these external organizations; we highly recommend that you review the privacy statements of these organizations.
Questions, comments? Email us at email@example.com
Pennsylvania State Career Services
101 Bank of America Career Services Canter
University Park, PA 16802