Mock Interview Program
Undergraduate and graduate students can participate
Faculty and Staff: Career Services is not able to accommodate mock interviews assigned as requirements for classes. Please refrain from making these assignments in your classes.in a video-recorded mock interview to practice skills and receive feedback in our in-house studio. Career Services provides scheduled times during which students can have practice interviews.
Make an Appointment
Appointments are one hour in length and are available for graduate/professional school interviews as well as job interviews in business, industry, the not-for-profit
sector, and education.
- Schedule an appointment through the schedulingThe purpose of these practice sessions is to give students an appreciation of what to expect in a typical interview and an opportunity to refine their interviewing skills.
If you are unable to visit Career Services for an in-person mock interview, consider using InterviewStream
assistant in 111 Bank of America Career Services
- Select an interview time and complete all of the necessary information on the form
- Write down the date and time of your interview
- Deliver a copy of your resume to the staff assistant in 111 Career Services Center at least two business days prior to your interview. You may email your resume to CSMock@psu.edu
Prepare for Your Mock Interview
- Review Interviewing section of the website
- Know yourself – interests, skills, strengths, weaknesses, and goals
- Research the organization thoroughly, know why you would like to work for them, and have questions prepared for the interviewer
Dress for Success
Even though this is a practice interview, it is expected that you will dress appropriately. Review the guidelines in the Interviewing section of the website.
Participate in the Feedback Session
- Your interviewer will conduct a feedback session where your recorded video will be replayed
- You will be asked to comment on your verbal responses, non-verbals, and dress/appearance
- You will receive feedback from your interviewer on your strengths and areas for improvement
When you request an interview, a commitment is made by both you and the interviewer to be there, and responsibility is shared by both parties. Failure to appear for a “real” interview is not acceptable behavior and will in fact lead to rejection as a candidate for employment. If you are unable to make your scheduled appointment, please call the office at (814) 865-2377 to cancel or reschedule.