To apply for a work study position please email Ellie at email@example.com!
Reception Desk Assistant
Assist with staffing the front desk of the Paul Robeson Cultural Center and meeting/greeting visitors and guests. Answer telephones and assist with posting and removing advertisements on bulletin boards. Assist with the checking in/out of library materials. Maintain confidentiality of patron account information is essential. Support the senior staff by performing general office duties. Serve as a tour guide for the facility. Desk assistants must keep informed of events and activities of the Center and campus.
- Must have excellent customer service skills including a willingness to be outgoing in assisting visitors and staff.
- Computer and creative skills are desirable including knowledge of MS Office programs
- Knowledge of PSU website calendars
Primary role is to assist the Paul Robeson Cultural Center staff with the development of high quality marketing and advertising materials. These materials will focus on the Centers overall center marketing, program marketing, and development efforts. The marketing assistant primarily will work with the Program Coordinator, as well as any staff member need assistance. They will be hired based on experience and skills. Additionally, this student will be required to assist in the distribution of marketing materials (beyond design). This student assistant will also be trained on relevant web design software to assist with regular updates of the Centers website. The student will also serve as back receptionist when no marketing/program work is available.
- Must be responsible, punctual, reliable and be able to work with multiple supervisors.
- Have a willingness to be outgoing and flexible. Must demonstrate a willingness to fully see projects through to completion.
- Be able to work scheduled hours. Will include hours between 8 am and 10 pm with addition hours during programs and events.
- Computer and creative skills are necessary including knowledge of MS Photoshop and other MS Office programs. Additionally, the student assistant should possess and ability to quickly learn new computer software (will be trained on website design software).
Where is the Robeson Center located??
We are located on the ground floor of the Hub-Robeson Center (near Starbucks)