Visit the Travel Clinic as soon as you have made your travel plans. (A series of immunizations may have to be given over a few months' time.)
Please fill out the Patient Registration for Travel form (PDF) in advance of your visit. Please fax the completed form to 867.2585, Attn: Travel Clinic or drop off the completed form at the Information Desk in the Student Health Center.
Travelers are seen by appointment only. We recommend that you schedule your appointment at least 4 to 6 weeks in advance by calling 863.0774. When making an appointment, travelers are asked for their itinerary, specifically which countries they will be visiting. In addition, travelers are asked to bring the following to their appointment:
- Routine and travel immunization history (e.g., date of last tetanus shot, polio vaccine, measles vaccine, etc.)
- Names and dosage amounts of any medications that are taken regularly
- Familiarity with their personal medical history including allergies
Travel Clinic Services
The following services are provided:
- Information on health and safety risks
- Medical and other requirements for each destination
- Counseling tailored to a traveler's lifestyle and medical history
- Recommended immunizations and prescriptions for any necessary medications (Travelers must participate in the information and counseling session before immunizations will be administered.)
The UHS Travel Clinic utilizes TRAVAX, a computer software program which is updated monthly with information from the Centers for Disease Control, the State Department, and international travelers.
There is a charge for the initial consultation. In addition there is a charge for each immunization and for medications.
Faculty members need to provide a department account number if the department will be paying the Travel Clinic fees. Appointments are available on weekdays only.