News & Events


Student Organization event calendar


Penn State's Reservation System
Panoramic view of the information desk in the HUB-Robeson Center



Organizations wishing to serve/sell/giveaway food within the duration of any confirmed reservation in the HUB-Robeson Center are required to complete a Food Waiver Form.  Forms can also be obtained from the Event Management Office, 125 HUB-Robeson Center. Completed forms must be returned to the Event Management Office at least seven (7) academic days prior to the event date.

When food is provided by a caterer, or purchased from a restaurant to be brought in by the customer, the food provider must be on the University Approved Caterers list.  A completed Food Waiver form is also required.

Food can only be served in accordance with University Policy "AD26 SALE OF FOOD AND BEVERAGES AT UNIVERSITY LOCATIONS."

Because of the ongoing concern regarding the safe and proper handling of food products, food served at events will be limited to:

No home-prepared foods may be served.

Internal Providers

At University Park, student organizations can contact Campus Catering to provide on-campus catering support.  Campus Catering will work with each student group to determine the most effective way to coordinate an activity where food is being served.

External Providers

External Food Vendors must be on the University Approved Caterers list which is maintained by the Office of Risk Management.

For questions and information on insurance requirements and/or to be added to the list, contact the Office of Risk Management, located in 523 Rider Building, 865-6307 (FAX: 865-4029),

Freeman Auditorium Food Policy

Food/Beverage is not permitted in the Freeman Auditorium, located in the HUB-Robeson Center.  The HUB-Robeson Center reserves the right to charge additional fees for cleaning when food waste, trash, and spills are found in the Freeman Auditorium following your event.


125 HUB-Robeson Center | 814.865.7973 | Contact the Event Management Office