News & Events


Student Organization event calendar


Penn State's Reservation System
Panoramic view of the information desk in the HUB-Robeson Center


Events with Food

Did you know that student organizations must obtain approval to host banquets, food fairs and other events where food may be served or sold on campus?

Approval to conduct these activities must be requested through the HUB-Robeson Center Event Management Office two weeks prior to the event. For events scheduled in the Commons Area of the Residence Halls, approval must be obtained in advance through the Residence Life office in each area. After the application is reviewed by the appropriate offices, actions relative to the request will be issued in writing from the Housing and Food Services Office.

Food can only be brought to the facilities to serve in accordance with University Policy AD26 - Sale of Food and Beverages at University Locations. In addition, a Food Waiver Form must be completed and submitted for approval.


Because of the ongoing concern regarding the safe and proper handling of food products, food served at events will be limited to:

Note: No home-prepared foods may be served. Sanitation, prevention of pest infestation, garbage removal, equipment requirements and proper cleanup after an event are problems associated with the preparation and serving of food and are best dealt with by University food service departments or commercial companies with the appropriate skills and expertise.

Internal Provider:

At University Park, student organizations can contact JAVA Catering to provide on-campus catering support. JAVA will work with each student group to determine the most effective way to coordinate an activity where food is being served. Individual recipes will be considered, and students will be able to assist in the preparation and serving of the food.

External Providers:

If such preparation and serving of food is not done by University food service departments, the University will require adequate insurance from the contracted provider. The Risk Management Office has established insurance standards and is to be contacted in advance of the function so they may determine if the contracted provider meets all requirements.

NOTE: Risk Management maintains a current listing of all approved caterers that might provide services to the University at any location.

back to top

125 HUB-Robeson Center | 814.865.7973 | Contact the Event Management Office