One of the best ways to get involved at Penn State is to join a student organization. With over 800 recognized student organizations, there are plenty of chances to find something to connect with. In the case you want to start your own student organization, you can find out how to do that here as well!
Events provided for student organizations include the Student Organization Success Series, Officer Trainings, Advisor Brown Bags, and the Involvement Fair. Every recognized student organization president receives the President's Listserv email every week which will keep organizations updated as to important upcoming events and announcements.
Student Organization Support Learning Outcomes
Students who are involved with student organizations will:
- Gain knowledge and understanding of student organization resources, policies, and involvement opportunities.
- Identify and actively participate in organizational development programs
- Be knowledgeable of Policies and Rules for Recognized Student Organizations
- Identify organizations of personal interest
- Utilize internal practices that support organizational sustainability.
- Create and maintain an effective leadership transition program
- Understand and practice in efficient communication skills with organization membership
- Develop strategies to recruit, retain, and continually motivate contributing members to the organization
- Develop collaborative relationships with student organizations, University departments, and community partners.
- Engage with other entities to participate in meaningful, mutually beneficial co-sponsorships
- Recognize opportunities to share resources and ideas
- Model the organization mission well when serving as a organization representative
- Build a foundation towards a continued relationship with Penn State.
- Demonstrate active community involvement
- Positively impact peer students' experiences
- Develop a commitment to uphold the Penn State principles and organizational values