The Student Legal Services (SLS) Advisory Board provides general guidance and support for SLS programs. The board offer input regarding the office's strategic direction and informs preventative education efforts. Board members provide connections between the office, the student body, and the community. The board is composed of three professionals, a UPUA representative, a GPSA representative, and four students.
- To help shape the strategic direction of SLS;
- To provide insight into students' needs and perceptions of the officel
- To share the mission of SLS and encourage support of the program within the student body and community.
- Attend two board meetings per year, one per semester;
- Provide insights into student needs to help develop and refine the strategic direction of the office;
- Represent the advisory board at outreach events, as needed;
- Help recruit future advisory board members;
- Participate in SLS assessment efforts; and
- Serve a one year renewable term.
Member Benefits Include:
- Co-curricular learning experience;
- Resume booster; and
- Opportunity to help shape and support an important resource for PSU students.
Qualifications (student members):
Full-time students enrolled at University Park are eligible to serve on the SLS board, including undergraduate, graduate and professional students. Members must share the belief that providing students with access to legal services promotes student success.
How to Apply
Students interested in serving on the advisory board are invited to submit a resume and letter of interest. The number of positions available will vary from year to year, based upon the number of board vacancies.
248 E. Calder Way, Suite 303