Since 1994, the LGBTQA Student Resource Center has been working to make Penn State a supportive and safe community for every student, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and ally who shares our belief that an inclusive university is a strong university.
Our professional and student staff offers:
- Educational programs designed to combat homophobia and heterosexism
- Support and mentoring to help students through difficult times
- Resources on topics from coming out to finding LGBTQA-friendly employers
- A safe space where everyone, regardless of sexual orientation and gender identity, is welcome
We are changing both the lives of students and the culture of the University, but we need the help of Penn State alumni and friends to keep our programs strong and to share our message with an even broader audience. Gay and straight, we are all Penn State.
|Blue & White Sponsor||$250-$499|
$100 a year = $8.33 a month
$100 x 1000, Penn State alumni and friends = $100,000 for Penn State LGBTQA Students and the LGBTQA Student Resource Center
With a minimum gift of $100, you can become part of the Committee of a Thousand- a group of Penn State alumni and friends who share your commitment to helping present and future LGBTQA students. If 1,000 donors each make a minimum annual gift of $100, the result will be at least $100,000 in funds for the Center every year, funds which will allow us to improve and expand the services and scholarships we offer to our students and our community.
You can choose to make an unrestricted gift to the Center, which will enable us to address our most urgent needs, or you can direct your support where you believe that it will have the greatest impact. We are asking donors to consider gifts to:
- General Development Fund
- Scholarships & Awards (Miller-LaVigne Trustee Scholarship, Marshal Scholarship, LGBTA AIG Scholarship, or create a new scholarship in your name)
- Programming Endowment