How Can We Help You?We can...
- Assist with on/off-campus relocation.
- Assist with obtaining an Administrative Directive that may place restrictions on a student's ability to contact the victim.
- Help with obtaining a Protection from Abuse (PFA) order if there was a previous relationship between the perpetrator and the victim.
- Assist with creating a safety plan.
- Provide support, advocacy and referral to crisis services through Counseling and Psychological Services.
- Facilitate a Trauma Drop *
* The Trauma Drop is a confidential process that allows students who have been victims not to be academically penalized for being unable to successfully complete classes or assignments. When there is a late drop or a withdrawal for these reasons, it is called a trauma drop. CWS staff members can contact instructors and request accommodations regarding coursework and attendance. Sometimes students need to withdraw from an entire semester.
Students who are receiving services at CAPS should call 863-0395 about petitioning for a trauma drop. Students who are not receiving services at CAPS should contact the Center for Women Students at 863-2027.