LGBTQ+ Advisory Boards
The LGBTQA Student Resource Center is committed to improving programming, expanding outreach, and involving all members of the LGBTQ+ community in the future development of the center and our work on campus. Individuals can get involved through one of our advisory boards.
- Pride Advisory Board
This board serves to advise on the advancement, promotion, and mission of the center. The purpose of the student advisory board is to:
- Provide input on programming and operational aspects of the center
- Serve and represent the voices of the LGBTQ+ communities (student, faculty, staff) that visit the center
- Help promote center activities and programming
- Serve as ambassadors and advocates for the center on campus, to university administration and to the greater Penn State community
- Take on special projects as needed to help with promotion and outreach for the center
- Act as ambassadors for the center by meeting with fellow student groups and other forms of outreach
Membership and Structure
Board members will serve a one academic year term which may be renewed. Applications will be available in the spring for the following academic year. Center staff will establish an application timeline as well as a review process.
In the event of a vacancy on the board, the advisory board chair will choose a temporary replacement until new applicants can be determined and reviewed. Replacements must be selected from the same area of representation as the individual from where the vacancy occurred.
Membership on the board will consist of the following:
- LGBTQA Student Resource Center Director (or designee) – Chair
- Four undergraduate students – General Member
- Two graduate students – General Member
- One commonwealth student - General Member
- One faculty member – General Member
- One staff member – General Member
- One residence life staff member - General Member
- President (or designee) of LGBTQA Student Roundtable – General Member
Applications are not currently open.
- Alumni Advisory Board
The Alumni Advisory Board is comprised of Penn State alum who are committed to future development of the LGBTQA Student Resource Center and, more broadly, LGBTQ+ students at Penn State.
For more information about the board and to apply for membership contact Brian Patchcoski at firstname.lastname@example.org.