- Student Representation on the University Conduct Board
- Student Advisors within the Conduct Process
- Graduate Student Internships
Student Representation on the University Conduct Board
The University Conduct Board (UCB) hearing will be utilized in cases in which there is a potential that the student may be suspended or expelled from the University. Each University Conduct Board shall have no less than one student serving as a member of the board at the discretion of the chair. Typically two students (either both undergraduate or one undergraduate and one graduate student) will be asked to serve as members of the board.
Minimum Requirements for Membership
- Applicants cannot be on Disciplinary Probation or greater at the time of application or while serving as a board member
- Applicants should not have a substantial disciplinary history
- All students selected for membership must attend the core training, sexual misconduct training, and mock board sessions; about ten hours in total
Recruitment of new students to the University Hearing Board
- Recruitment should occur in the fall and be open to all undergraduate and graduate students at University Park
- Recruitment should occur on a need basis; those who are selected to serve on the University Conduct Board should be permitted to serve until graduation
- Selections must be based on applications submitted during the recruitment period
- Total membership should not be less than 10 students, but should not exceed 15 students.
- The Office of Student Conduct assumes overall responsibility for training and advising the student members of the University Conduct Board
- Student members of the University Conduct Board will serve as members of the Conduct Board until graduation, resignation, removal for violation of OSC policy, or removal if deemed unfit by the Senior Director of Student Conduct
For more information about how to become a student member of the University Conduct Board please email email@example.com.
Student Advisors within the Conduct Process
UPUA Student Conduct Advisors is a student run organization that works closely with the Office of Student Conduct. It is an organization that has dedicated itself to helping students through violations of the student code of conduct.
UPUA Student Conduct Advisors
314 HUB-Robeson Center
For more information email: firstname.lastname@example.org or follow @UPUA_SCA on Twitter
For assistance at a campus location other than University Park, you may contact Council of Commonwealth Student Governments (CCSG), or consult the Office of Student Conduct Designee List.
Graduate Student Internships
Opportunities exist for 10 - 20 hours-per-week internships for graduate students in The Office of Student Conduct. Typically, student interns are working toward graduate degrees in college student affairs, higher education, counseling, or a related field. Interns may conduct discipline conferences with students and participate in outreach and other special projects. For more information, please contact email@example.com.