Skip to main content

Student Affairs offices are operating remotely. Visit individual department pages for services and contact information. Visit our event calendar for virtual events. To speak with a Student Affairs staff member about any questions or concerns you may be experiencing, please visit our virtual office hours page

Get Urgent Help


COVID-19 Resources for Students in the State College Area

The University recognizes that students living off campus may require resources and support during the COVID-19 pandemic. This list of resources details initiatives currently taking place at the University and in the State College community and how students can access these services.

Penn State Resources

Assistance for Self-Isolating Students

Students may be self-isolating due to illness or concern that they have come into contact with someone who has contracted COVID-19. Students who are self-isolating in the State College area and need assistance with procuring food, medication, or other resources should fill out this form to be put in contact with a Student Affairs employee who will help with food delivery, medication delivery, regular check-ins, or other needs.

The Lion’s Pantry

Students are able to order bagged food online and pick it up at the The Lion’s Pantry on campus during designated times. For more information and to place an order visit the Lion's Pantry website

Coalition of Graduate Employees

A group of University graduate employees who are working to connect volunteers with students and individuals in the community who need assistance and resources. Fill out their COVID-19: Request for Resources/Help form


Students who need assistance with roommate mediation, especially as it pertains to self-isolation and this pandemic, should contact the Office of Student Conduct

Student Care and Advocacy

Students who have been severely impacted by this pandemic may be able to receive financial support. Contact the Student Care and Advocacy office for more information. 

University Health Services

Students with health concerns should reach out to University Health Services (UHS). Walk-ins are not being accepted at this time. Students should call the 24/7 Advice Nurse at 814-863-4463 or the appointment line at 814-863-0774 to schedule an apointment. 

The pharmacy at UHS is currently mailing prescriptions in Pennsylvania and has local curbside pick-up on the University Park campus.

Additionally, the Student Insurance Advocate is available to aide students seeking assistance with identifying and applying for affordable health care and medical assistance.

Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS)

Counseling and Psychological Services is open and providing services remotely.  Students who need  support at this time or who would like to speak with a counselor should call (814) 863-0395. For crisis services outside of business hours, students can call the Penn State Crisis Line at 1-877-229-6400 or Text “LIONS” to 741741. 

Community Resources

YMCA of Centre County Anti-Hunger Program

We recognize that some of our off-campus students have families with children that they support. The YMCA of Centre County Anti-Hunger Program operates lunch pick-up sites for children under 18 from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m., Wednesday through Friday, at multiple sites throughout the Centre County. 

St. Andrew’s Community Cafe

St. Andrew's Community Cafe offers a free takeout meal from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. every Thursday. Located at 208 W. Foster Avenue, State College. 

Centre Helps

Centre Helps operates a 24/7 hotline available to assist with any problems and connecting individuals to agencies that may be able to provide assistance or resources related to the COVID-19 crisis, such as  Meals on Wheels and others. Hotline numbers are (800)-494-2500 or (814)-237-5855.

United Way

Call 211 or text your local zip code to 898-211 to be connected with a representative from United Way who will work to connect you to other community resources that may be able to assist you with food or housing security during the COVID-19 crisis. 

Centre County COVID-19 Community Response

There are many organizations in Centre County that are working to provide resources and information for county residents and community members. View a comprehensive list of those efforts