Archived - Programmable Use of the Monumental Stairs
Programmable Use of the Monumental Stairs
The Monumental Stairs will be designated as programmable space. Recognized Student Organizations and University Departments may reserve this space by contacting the Event Management Office.
- Reservations on weekdays between 8am and 5pm will be limited to 2 hours in duration. Reservations outside of this timeframe and for longer uses will be considered on a case by case basis and decisions will be based on the best use of the facility at that time.
- Performances must be limited to the stairs and the open area in front of the stairs on ground floor.
- Furniture on ground floor may not be moved.
- Helium Balloons are not permitted in this area or in any area of the HUB-Robeson Center expansion.
- Amplified sound will be restricted to a level determined and enforced by HUB-Robeson Center staff.
- A maximum of 2 audio/sound speaker are permitted in this area.
- Amplified sound is only permitted in one open area location at a time in the HUB-Robeson Center.
- Limited props may be added to the stairs for performances pending approval by Event Management.
- Reservations will allow exclusive use of the stairs. Sign holders and placards will be placed at the bottom and top of the stairs on days when reservations are confirmed.
- Streamers or ribbon are permitted on the top of railings (not the hand rails). They must be taped together. Tape cannot be used on any surface.
- Columns/Pillars may not be used for any decoration.
- Taping on stairs is not permitted.
Explore in this Section