HIV Testing and Counseling Program
Free HIV/AIDS Testing
HIV testing through Health Promotion and Wellness is currently not available. Check back during fall 2021 for updates.
Available HIV/AIDS testing at Penn State
Testing for HIV/AIDS and other sexually transmitted infections is available through University Health Services. Please note that standard lab and medical exam fees apply. Contact UHS to learn more, or schedule an appointment through myUHS.
Students at Penn State Commonwealth Campuses should contact their campus health center or local community resources for information about testing in their area.
Community HIV/AIDS Resources
Other local resources for HIV/AIDS testing and sexually transmitted infections include:
- AIDS Resource, 129 S. Sparks St Suite #1, State College, PA 814-272-0818 Ext. 3
- Appointment only
- Appt. only - Free (no insurance) treatment for Chlamydia and Gonorrhea
- Free rapid finger stick HIV test and HIV + support
- Please visit the AIDS Resource website for special COVID-19 instructions
- Department of Health 814-865-0932 (Appt. only)
Additional information about HIV/AIDS is available on the Center for Disease Control and Prevention website.