Summer 2018 registration is now closed. 2019 Art Camp registrations will open late February/early March.
2018 Art Camp Dates
Art Camps, one week long, Camp hours: 9:00am-4:00pm
Age groups: Entering (Grades 1-2), (Grades 3-5), (Grades 6-9)
- Session 1 June 18-22
- Session 2 June 25-29
- Session 3 July 9-13
- Session 4 July 16-20
- (no camps during the week of July 2-6).
Wheel Thrown Pottery Camps
Entering Grades 6-9
Mornings 9:00am-12:00pm or Afternoons 1:00-4:00pm
- Session 1: June 18-29
- Session 3: July 9-20
2018 Camp fee: $225 per camp
Children bring their own snacks and lunches. Lunch is supervised. To attend, children must have successfully completed kindergarten and be fully able to use the restroom facilities without assistance.
If you would like to be added to our art camp list serv, send a request to email@example.com.
Please have the following information gathered before you register online:
- A credit card
- The parent’s/guardian’s name, day phone, cell phone, and email address.
- Emergency contact name and phone
- Your child’s physical conditions (allergies, recurring illness, disabilities, etc.)
- Insurance company info (name, policy number, group number)
- Date of child’s most recent tetanus immunization
- Name and phone of child’s family physician
- All forms are now included in the registration process.
In rare instances a session placed in your shopping cart may be filled before you are able to checkout. This occurs when two people are attempting to register for one remaining spot in the same program. In this case, the first person to successfully process their payment will receive that spot. The other individual will be notified only through their confirmation that registration was unsuccessful for that session.
General Art Camp Information
Summer is one of the highlights of our year! It is a time when we offer a wide variety of specialized art camps designed to stimulate the imagination and attract the individual interests of children (entering grades 1st through 9th).
Every year new and exciting art camp projects and lessons are designed by CFAC staff and Penn State Art Education, Art, Art History, and Education Majors who serve as camp instructors.
This synergetic teaming benefits both campers and art instructors by exposing our campers to a vibrant, innovative arts and crafts curriculum while at the same time giving our instructors valuable teaching experiences. Outdoor play and field trips to various on-campus locations enhance the camp experience.
Camp sessions for those entering grades 1-5 are one week long, and meet 9am-4pm, Monday through Friday.
Wheel Thrown pottery camp sessions 1 and 3 for grades 6-9 are two weeks long, meet for half day either 9:00am-12:00pm OR 1:00-4:00pm, Monday-Friday.
Mixed media, painting and drawing, printmaking, nature, music, fantasy, cultural art, papermaking, wheel-thrown pottery, and photography are just some of the variety of art camps offered each summer.
All cancellations made 15 days prior to the first day of camp will result in a refund minus a $50 administrative fee per camp. The $50 administrative fee will be charged for each canceled camp regardless of the participant’s (or his/her siblings) enrollment in other art camps. Refund requests made within 15 days of the start of camp will not be honored. The participant will be responsible for the entire fee.
- The University may cancel or postpone any course because of insufficient enrollment or other unforeseen circumstances. If a program is cancelled or postponed, the University will refund registration fees but cannot be held responsible for any other related costs, charges, or expenses.
- Children with consistent discipline problems will be asked to leave camp without refund.
- No alterations or special arrangements for any programs can be considered.