Skip to main content
Get Urgent Help


Renter's insurance protects you and your possessions in the event of fire, theft, or other catastrophic event. Look for a policy that provides protection for personal liability and personal property. Why? Your landlord is not usually responsible to reimburse you for damage to your personal property, even when the damage was caused by something that was not your fault, like a leaky roof. On the other hand, if someone is injured or the apartment is damaged, and it is your fault, the cost of the liability for those damages may be your responsibility, and the cost can be quite high. Renter's insurance can provide coverage for both situations. It is affordable (about $7-$12 per month).

Where to find it:

  • Most major insurance carriers
  • Some credit unions
  • Possibly your parent's homeowner's policy.

Local Insurance Agencies

Allstate Insurance: Andres Agency
2020 Cato Ave.
State College, PA 16801
(814) 308-8336

Progressive Insurance: Boyles Insurance Agency
400 S. Atherton St.
State College, PA 16801
(814) 234-1991

State Farm Insurance Agent: Judi Brown
403 S. Allen St., Unit 112B
State College, PA 16801
(814) 237-4470

State Farm Insurance Agent: Wyatt Pusey
232 S. Burrowes St.
State College, PA 16801
(814) 954-4849

The Office of Off Campus Student Support maintains this listing as a convenience for students and it is not intended as an endorsement of any particular business. The Pennsylvania State University has not inspected or investigated these businesses and is not endorsing any specific businesses.

To request the addition of your business to this listing, email: