Leadership & Service Special Living Option
Special Living Option (SLO)
The Leadership and Service Special Living Option (SLO) is designed to engage 1st and 2nd year students in a shared living and academic experience that will empower them to create positive change in the world. Through leadership training and community building, students will learn how to make Penn State feel smaller while living with fellow students that hold similar values.
Benefits of being involved:
- Make a difference in our community
- Automatically enrolled in CAS 250 - Small Group Communication with other SLO participants
- Develop and practice leadership skills
- Gateway to future involvement at PSU
- Make PSU smaller
- Live with people who have similar values
Who should consider being involved:
- Were you involved in student government, National Honor Society, captain of your sports team?
- Do you like giving back to the community?
- Are you looking to make a lifelong friends and get involved on campus?
How to get in involved:
- Preference the Leadership & Service SLO on your housing contract.
- Click on our website to see what current students are doing.
The Leadership and Service SLO is open to any major- even if you are undecided, and is designed to complement any major or degree program.