How We Can Help:
Fundraisers are one of the best ways for student organizations to raise money for their organization and to potentially have more students get involved in an event they would not normally attend. The Student Activities Office is committed to helping you through the process of planning a fundraising event and obtaining all the necessary materials to fundraise. The information below may prove to be very valuable to you as you go through the process of putting together a successful and fun fundraising event for your group or organization. First things first: are you planning on selling something at a booth on-campus or are you hoping to coordinate with an off-campus location?
What to Consider
- What kind of fundraiser are you planning?
- Who is your audience?
- Where will your fundraiser take place?
- How will you advertise for this event?
- Organize in advance! Give yourself and your organization enough time to plan the event, advertise, and make arrangements for the actual day.
- Call various vendors to see where you can get the best deal for your event.
- Reserve place. You can reserve space in various locations across campus.
- Formulate a signup sheet to have organization members choose time slots to work the event.
- Decide in advance how much of your profits will go toward paying for the event and how much will go towards the reason for the event.
Applebee’s, Coldstone Creamery, Chipotle, Five Guys, Fridays, Philly Pretzel Company, Rita’s
Fundraising with Development and Alumni Relations
As a Recognized Student Organization, you have access to resources through Penn State's University Development Office.