Breaking news and in-depth coverage at your fingertips
Penn State faculty, staff, and students have access to The New York Times and The Wall Street Journal at no additional cost through the Student News Readership Program. To take advantage of this program, you must register using your Penn State email.
The New York Times
How to register for access to the New York Times
- Visit The New York Times education access webpage
- Search for and select Pennsylvania State University in the search box
- You will be redirected to the New York Times welcome page
- Click Create Account and complete the registration fields (You MUST use your Penn State email to register; however, please DO NOT use your Penn State password)
- You will receive a welcome email; click the confirmation link the email to complete your registration
What if my New York Times digital subscription expires?
Over the course of your membership, you may find that your subscription has "expired." This is expected and easy to fix.
- Visit myaccount.nytimes.com/verification/edupass
- Click Already have an account? Log in Here.
- Enter your Penn State email address and follow the prompts
- You will receive a verification email; click the confirmation link to renew your subscription
The Wall Street Journal
How to register for access to The Wall Street Journal
- Visit The Wall Street Journal's Penn State access page
- You will be directed through Penn State WebAccess; Log in to your Penn State Account
- You will be redirected to WSJ.com; Complete the registration fields to create your account
- The email address and password you create will become your login credentials; please DO NOT use your Penn State credentials to create your account.
*Please note: faculty and staff will need to refresh their membership annually to confirm they are still affiliated with Penn State.