20 Interviewing Prep Tasks
Do you Want the Job?
- Identify specific aspects about the job description that appeal to you the most.
- Research the organization and determine why you want to work for them.
- Pinpoint characteristics about the career field that appeal to you.
- Determine what you like about where the job's located.
- Select appealing aspects of each relevant experience on your resume.
Can You Do The Job?
- 6. Select your top skills as they relate to the position.
- Establish hands-on experiences that are most relevant and substantive.
- Identify relevant education and/or training.
- Determine your most relevant personal qualities
- Prepare to answer questions relating to your computer and communication skills.
Will You Fit In?
- Prepare to talk about your thoughts and experience with resolving conflicts.
- Prepare to talk about your thoughts and experiences relating to diversity.
- Prepare to talk about your thoughts and experiences relating to teamwork.
- Determine your management philosophy and related experiences.
- Identify your work style preferences.
Are You Self-Sufficient?
- Prepare to talk about your life outside of work.
- Determine your approach to resolving problems.
- Identify your organizational and time-management skills.
- Prepare to talk about your ability to adapt and learn new things.
- Determine your degree of self-confidence.