Health-Related Education & Workshops
Educate yourself on how to support you mind, body and soul. Student Affairs staff are here to share knowledge and coach you through to find your healthiest self. Find options and request health-related programming or workshops for yourself, your friends, your organization, or community.
Health & Well-being Programs and Workshops
The health and well-being units in Student Affairs offer a range of workshops and programs for student organizations and academic classes.
Below is a list of the workshops that you can request from Health Promotion and Wellness (HPW), Campus Recreation, University Health Services (UHS), and Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS).
You will find links below to each unit’s webpage where you can submit a formal request.
- Please submit your request at least two weeks before the program date.
Health Promotion and Wellness
Our goal is to provide you with education and resources to live your healthiest. Connect with Health Promotion and Wellness for a variety of programs about mindful and balanced living. Topics can include:
- Alcohol Workshop (60 minutes, professional staff)
- How to Help a Friend with an Eating Disorder (90 minutes, professional staff)
- Flourish Penn State: Live Well, Learn Well Workshop (50 minutes, professional staff)
- Mindfulness and Compassion Workshop (60 minutes, professional staff)
- Got Sleep? (50 minutes, peer education staff)
- Mission: Nutrition (50 minutes, peer education staff)
- Safer Sex Party (50 minutes, peer education staff)
- Stress Less (50 minutes, peer education staff)
Campus Recreation facilities and programs serve our students, faculty, staff, and community with a diverse offering of wellbeing opportunities to enhance the student experience at University Park.
- Request a Fitness and Well-being workshop
- Request a custom group program or outdoor trip with Outdoor Adventures
- Email for information about custom group swim lessons with Aquatics
- Email to request a customized CPR certification class
- Email to request a tour, presentation or resource fair table representative with a date and time for confirmation
Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS)
CAPS offers psychoeducational services to the campus community focused on mental health awareness and prevention efforts, as well as group-level support and response to critical events affecting the campus community. Program topics can include:
- Resilience and Adaptability
- Your Relationship with Emotions
- Constructing Your Narrative
- Living a Values-Driven Life
- Breaking Free from Burnout
- Belonging and Connection
- Being Present; Valuing the Now
University Health Services
University Health Services (UHS) is your comprehensive on-campus health care resource. We provide preventative care, education, and resources to help students live a healthy lifestyle.
- Navigating Your Health Care While at Penn State (50 minutes)
- Breast Cancer 101: Life Saving Tips (50 minutes)
- Handwashing: The BASICS (30 minutes)
- STIs - Removing Stigma (50 minutes)
- Lets’ Talk About Sex – Open Forum (90 minutes)
- Sexual Health Trends on College Campuses (50 minutes)
- Your Body Your Choice: Understanding Birth Control (50 minutes)
- What you should know about Testicular Cancer (45 minutes)
- CONSENT: A Building Block to Health Relationships (50 minutes)
- BOUNDARIES: Another Building Block to Health Relationships (50 minutes)
- Menstrual/Mental Hygiene (50 minutes)
- Gratitude (60 minutes)