Student Employment in the HUB-Robeson Center
Student Employment Opportunities
Are you looking for a job that means more than just a paycheck? We have a variety of openings each semester, so consider working with us in the HUB-Robeson Center. Work alongside talented staff and gain professional experience you'll want to put on your resume. With a job in the HUB-Robeson Center department, you will be learning and earning after just a little bit of training.
A job in the HUB-Robeson Center offers a flexible schedule, a variety of jobs, and a fun atmosphere. We offer both Federal Work Study positions as well as Wage Payroll positions.
Search By Office or Area
- Art Galleries
The HUB-Robeson Galleries includes four display areas within the HUB-Robeson Center: Robeson Gallery, HUB Gallery, Art Alley, and the Display Cases. We also display artwork regularly in other campus locations through the Art on the Move program. The HUB-Robeson Galleries are dedicated to showcasing diverse and contemporary exhibitions created by student and professional artists alike.
- Greet gallery visitors and maintain a log of visitation, running errands, answering the phone.
- Responsible for unlocking & opening the Gallery.
- Check artwork for damages or missing items, dust cases, pick up any litter in the area, check for burned out lights & notify supervisor of any situations requiring immediate attention.
- Assist in setting up & taking down exhibits, spackling, sanding & painting gallery walls in preparation for exhibits, putting up lettering for exhibits.
- Knowledge of Microsoft software preferred.
- Associated Student Activities
Associated Student Activities
Associated Student Activities (ASA) is the financial office for the more than 1000 recognized student organizations at University Park. ASA offers many services; however, its primary functions are that of a banker, accountant, paymaster and advisor on fiscal matters. We encourage all treasurers and other officers to bring their questions to the staff of ASA. We will be glad to offer any assistance, referrals or advice that will help you better manage your student organization's affairs.
- Customer service including greeting customers, processing purchase orders and financial requests, verifying documentation, counting and handling of monies, and providing other general information.
- General offices duties include answering phone, making copies, filing, and other duties as assigned.
- Center for Arts and Crafts
Center for Arts and Crafts
The Center for Arts & Crafts offers a wide variety of non-credit adult art classes, such as drawing, painting, pottery, stained glass and more, throughout the year and children's art camps during the summer. The Ceramics Studio offers classes in wheel-thrown pottery and hand-building techniques. Ceramics Studio memberships are available during fall and spring semesters. All of our classes are taught by Penn State students, most of whom are majoring in art or art education, graduate students and professional artists.
- Answer phone, greet customers, disseminate info, help in advertising, take class registrations & record payments. Prepare, maintain and organize supplies, equipment & care of facilities. Courtesy, willingness to go the extra mile & the ability to follow through with tasks are vital. Knowledge of office procedures and artistic ability or appreciation is desirable. Looking for highly dependable individuals with a willingness to learn.
- Ceramics Studio - Learn general glaze maintenance, unload/load kilns, wedge clay and daily operations.
- Facilities and Operations
Facilities and Operations
As a center of the University community the HUB-Robeson Center is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and is staffed by Technical Service employees who provide support for the numerous events and activities which take place in the facility. The Technical Service staff strive to maintain the mission of the HUB-Robeson Center by ensuring students, staff, faculty and community members receive excellent customer service in a well maintained facility.
- Cleaning windows.
- Bussing recycling and trash containers.
- Helping Technical Service staff with room set ups.
- Checking trash in restrooms.
- HUB Information Desk/Event Management
HUB Information Desk/Event Management
The Event Management Office assists with scheduling and reservations for facility rentals. The HUB's variety of facilities can accommodate from 6 to 800 people with over 30,000 square feet of private function space for meetings, conferences, seminars or any imaginable gathering of people.
- Learn opening and closing procedures.
- Courteous & patient customer service required for desk & phone customers.
- Must wear provided shirt and nametag and be neat in appearance.
- Reconcile change and register drawers; sales of CATA tokens.
- HUB Marketing Office
HUB Marketing Office
The HUB Marketing Office provides marketing support for the offices in the HUB-Robeson Center, including Student Engagement Programs. The HUB Marketing Office also provides marketing support for the over 1,000 Recognized Student Organizations with registered events.
Marketing and Communications Assistant responsibilities include:
- Develop graphics and posters for special events throughout the HUB-Robeson Center and the Student Engagement Offices
- Assist with the content, layout, and distribution of “The Toilet Paper” and “The UP-dates and DOWN-low” weekly publications
- Assist with the content, layout, and distribution of event tickets
- Create and program digital advertisements for our electronic displays throughout the building
- Develop and implement marketing and promotional strategies for student organizations seeking guidance
- Assist with Student Programming Association’s (SPA) marketing materials
- Work closely with the Marketing Director to build and expand the quality of services provided by the HUB Marketing Office
- Use of Adobe’s Creative Suite, including Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator is preferred
Graphic Designer/Marketing Communications Assistant responsibilities include:
- Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills
- Graphic design experience is required
- Experience in website design and be proficient in Adobe`s Creative Suite including Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign
- Knowledge and understanding of Word Press to update sites.psu.edu
- Strong visual sense and a developed sensitivity to web-related design and possess excellent proofing skills
- The ability to follow Penn State guidelines and web standards is a must
- Schwab Auditorium
Schwab Auditorium The Charles S. Schwab Auditorium is a 894 seat, proscenium stage theater which presents music, drama, dance, and lecture programs in a concert hall setting. Built in the Beaux Arts style, which combined elements of Imperial Roman, Italian Renaissance, and French and Italian baroque styles, the building was completed in 1903. The Auditorium features a 40' wide by 18' deep stage, a concert sound system, theatrical lighting, and video projection capabilities. Artist amenities include dressing rooms, a green room, a small meeting room and an intimate reception area.
- Responsible for meeting the immediate production needs of artists and presenters who use production management services.
- Operation of equipment during performances to include directing lighting, sound, stage, and usher crews during assigned events.
- Other duties may include hanging/focusing lighting instruments, setting up audio systems, assembling scenic elements, or wardrobe preparation during load in and load out of performances, attendance at pre-production meetings for assigned events.
- Some physical labor and occasional lifting may be necessary.
Responsible for greeting and assisting audience members at all events and enforcing Schwab Auditorium event policies; appear courteous and friendly while providing a welcoming atmosphere for patrons. Previous stage crew experience is helpful but not required. Event Staff positions are considered part-time. Scheduling for work is dependent on student availability and event needs. A flexible schedule with the ability to work several consecutive hours during daytime, evening and weekend periods is required.
- Stand for State
Stand for State
Stand for State is Penn State’s bystander intervention program focusing on sexual and relationship violence, mental health concerns, acts of bias, and risky drinking and drug use. Our goal is to create a campus community where everyone plays a role in watching out for each other because everyone deserves to be safe. This program is a part of the Center for Character, Conscience, and Public Purpose.
There are currently no open positions at this time. Please check back soon for additional job opportunities.
- Student Activities
The Office of Student Activities cultivates student learning by fostering exploration, community engagement and development through educational and experiential opportunities. The scope of Student Activities includes student organization support, leadership and service programming, campus wide programming, and support in advising several affiliate student organizations and campus programming committees.
Office areas include: Student Activities, 103 HUB; Student Activities, 209 HUB, UPAC/Commonwealth Campuses, 208 HUB
- Answer phones & greet customers, take messages or refer as appropriate. Some areas may have high volume of traffic at peak times.
- Deliver or obtain material from other campus offices; copy & collate materials.
- Support, planning, and implementation of office and student organization programming
- Prepare mailings & sort office mail.
- Knowledge of Microsoft programs.
- Student Engagement Network – The Engagement Space
Student Engagement Network – The Engagement Space
The Engagement Space invites students, faculty and staff, alumni, and community members to learn more about the impact of student engagement and connect with others who are passionate about the topic. Student engagement interns can help fellow students find opportunities to enrich their learning experience, work with faculty to build connections and get involved, and explain the value of engagement to the wider Penn State community.
- Provide customer service for the SEN and its programs and events
- Maintain the Engagement Space in the HUB
- Provide customer service for the SEN and its programs and events
- Maintain the Engagement Space in the HUB
- Interact with fellow students in a mentoring capacity
- Conduct surveys, answer questions, and otherwise serve as a liaison to student engagement opportunities
- Create documents, flyers, emails, pamphlets, visual aids and other promotional materials to advertise and inform about the SEN
- Actively assist with event planning, programming, and implementation
Search By Position Type
- Wage Payroll Positions
- Work Study Positions