Student Employment in the HUB-Robeson Center
Student Employment Opportunities
Are you looking for a job that means more than just a paycheck? We have a variety of openings each semester, so consider working with us in the HUB-Robeson Center. Work alongside talented staff and gain professional experience you'll want to put on your resume. With a job in the HUB-Robeson Center department, you will be learning and earning after just a little bit of training.
A job in the HUB-Robeson Center offers a flexible schedule, a variety of jobs, and a fun atmosphere. We offer both Federal Work-Study positions as well as Wage Payroll positions.
To apply for positions, visit hr.psu.edu/careers.
Search By Office or Area
- HUB-Robeson Galleries
The HUB-Robeson Galleries produce exhibitions and projects within the HUB-Robeson Center: HUB Gallery, Art Alley, and the Exhibition Cases. HUB-Robeson Galleries partner with students and contemporary artists to produce gallery exhibitions, public projects, artist residencies, educational programs, and cultural events. As a cultural destination within Penn State University Park and a resource for the Commonwealth, we support holistic student success through development, engagement, and leadership.
Gallery assistant responsibilities include:
- Greet gallery visitors, offer exhibition materials, and maintain a log of interactions.
- Hands-on installation and de-installation of exhibitions and projects.
- Opening and Closing HUB Gallery.
Visit the HUB-Robeson Galleries opportunities page for available positions. HUB-Robeson Galleries frequently employ students in work-study, wage, and internship roles.
Email email@example.com with questions and inquiries.
- Associated Student Activities
Associated Student Activities
Associated Student Activities (ASA) is the financial office for the more than 1000 recognized student organizations at University Park. ASA offers many services; however, its primary functions are that of a banker, accountant, paymaster, and advisor on fiscal matters. We encourage all treasurers and other officers to bring their questions to the staff of ASA. We will be glad to offer any assistance, referrals, or advice that will help you better manage your student organization's affairs.
- Customer service including greeting customers, processing purchase orders and financial requests, verifying documentation, counting, and handling of monies, and providing other general information.
- General offices duties include answering the phone, making copies, filing, and other duties as assigned.
- Center for Arts and Crafts
Center for Arts and Crafts
The Center for Arts & Crafts offers a wide variety of non-credit adult art classes, such as drawing, painting, pottery, stained glass and more, throughout the year and children's art camps during the summer. The Ceramics Studio offers classes in wheel-thrown pottery and hand-building techniques. Ceramics Studio memberships are available during fall and spring semesters. All of our classes are taught by Penn State students, most of whom are majoring in art or art education, graduate students and professional artists.
- Answer phone, greet customers, disseminate info, help in advertising, take class registrations & record payments. Prepare, maintain and organize supplies, equipment & care of facilities. Courtesy, willingness to go the extra mile & the ability to follow through with tasks are vital. Knowledge of office procedures and artistic ability or appreciation is desirable. Looking for highly dependable individuals with a willingness to learn.
- Ceramics Studio - Learn general glaze maintenance, unload/load kilns, wedge clay, and daily operations.
- Facilities and Operations
Facilities and Operations
As a center of the University community, the HUB-Robeson Center is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and is staffed by Technical Service employees who provide support for the numerous events and activities which take place in the facility. The Technical Service staff strive to maintain the mission of the HUB-Robeson Center by ensuring students, staff, faculty, and community members receive excellent customer service in a well-maintained facility.
- Cleaning windows.
- Bussing recycling and trash containers.
- Helping Technical Service staff with room setups.
- Checking trash in restrooms.
Not currently hiring.
- HUB Information Desk/Event Management
HUB Information Desk/Event Management
The Event Management Office assists with scheduling and reservations for facility rentals. The HUB's variety of facilities can accommodate from 6 to 800 people with over 30,000 square feet of private function space for meetings, conferences, seminars or any imaginable gathering of people.
- Learn opening and closing procedures.
- Courteous and patient customer service is required for desk and phone customers.
- Must wear provided shirt and nametag and be neat in appearance.
- Reconcile change and register drawers; sales of CATA tokens.
- HUB Marketing Office
The HUB Marketing Office provides large format printing and ticketing services to student organizations and University offices. The HUB Marketing Office also provides support for the over 1,000 Recognized Student Organizations with registered events.
Marketing and Communications Assistant responsibilities include:
- Assist with the content, layout, and distribution of “The Toilet Paper” and “Elevator Pitch” weekly publications
- Assist with the content, layout, and distribution of event tickets
- Consult about marketing and promotional strategies for student organizations seeking guidance
- Excellent customer service is required
- Schwab Auditorium
Schwab Auditorium The Charles S. Schwab Auditorium is a 894 seat, proscenium stage theater that presents music, drama, dance, and lecture programs in a concert hall setting. Built in the Beaux Arts style, which combined elements of Imperial Roman, Italian Renaissance, and French and Italian baroque styles, the building was completed in 1903. The Auditorium features a 40' wide by 18' deep stage, a concert sound system, theatrical lighting, and video projection capabilities. Artist amenities include dressing rooms, a green room, a small meeting room, and an intimate reception area.
- Responsible for meeting the immediate production needs of artists and presenters who use production management services.
- Operation of equipment during performances to include directing lighting, sound, stage, and usher crews during assigned events.
- Other duties may include hanging/focusing lighting instruments, setting up audio systems, assembling scenic elements, or wardrobe preparation during load in and load out of performances, attendance at pre-production meetings for assigned events.
- Some physical labor and occasional lifting may be necessary.
Responsible for greeting and assisting audience members at all events and enforcing Schwab Auditorium event policies; appear courteous and friendly while providing a welcoming atmosphere for patrons. Previous stage crew experience is helpful but not required. Event Staff positions are considered part-time. Scheduling for work is dependent on student availability and event needs. A flexible schedule with the ability to work several consecutive hours during daytime, evening, and weekend periods is required.
- Student Activities
The Office of Student Activities cultivates student learning by fostering exploration, community engagement, and development through educational and experiential opportunities. The scope of Student Activities includes student organization support, leadership and service programming, campus-wide programming, and support in advising several affiliate student organizations and campus programming committees.
Office areas include: Student Activities, 103 HUB; Student Activities, 209 HUB, UPAC/Commonwealth Campuses, 208 HUB
- Answer phones & greet customers, take messages or refer as appropriate. Some areas may have a high volume of traffic at peak times.
- Deliver or obtain material from other campus offices; copy & collate materials.
- Support, planning, and implementation of office and student organization programming
- Prepare mailings & sort office mail.
- Knowledge of Microsoft programs.