Skip to main content
Get Urgent Help


Respondent Resources 

Well-Being Resources 

Counselling and Psychological Services (CAPS) 
814-863-0395 (for appointments); 1-877-229-6400 (Crisis Services) or text “LIONS” to 741741 

CAPS offers individual counselling, support groups, and emergency appointments. They also have a crisis text line that students can use to connect with counsellors during moments of crisis.

Centre County Can Help
1-800-643-5432 (24/7 Crisis Line) 

Centre County Can Help provides drug and alcohol hotline services for Centre County. Can Help has the ability to serve, not only clients with drug and alcohol issues, but also dual diagnosis clients who need mental health services.  

Student Care and Advocacy  

Student Care & Advocacy is a central location that coordinates efforts with campus partners to assist students who encounter challenges or concerns in achieving success at Penn State. This includes things such as mental health concerns, academic challenges, and a host of other assistance. 

Student Disability Services 

Student Disability Resources is the designated office that provides reasonable accommodations and services to students with disabilities enrolled at the University Park campus.  

University Health Service (UHS) 
814-865-4UHS (4847) 

UHS can provide wellness services and advice for everything from the common cold to more serious infections and sexually transmitted diseases. 

Health Promotion and Wellness Services 

Health and Wellness provides a ton of services. You can contact them to discuss stress management or with help developing a plan to keep you healthy and centered while dealing with the emotions of the Title IX process. They can help discuss everything from diet and exercise to sexual health. They can also help you get free STI and AIDS testing, if you believe that you may be at risk. 

Drug and Alcohol Resources 

The Centre County Mental Health/Intellectual Disabilities and Drug & Alcohol Office 

 This office coordinates mental health and drug and alcohol services throughout the county. If you feel that you may be suffering from an addiction or uncontrollable behavior related to your mental health or your interactions with substances, they may be able to help. 

Alcoholics Anonymous  

Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. Our primary purpose is to stay sober and help other alcoholics to achieve sobriety. 

Narcotics Anonymous 

Narcotics Anonymous is a group that helps people striving to detach themselves from substance abuse, particularly non-tobacco and non-alcohol substances. 

Legal Resources 

Student Legal Services  

If you are seeking legal assistance, the Office of Student Legal Services can point you in the right direction. While they cannot assist Respondents directly, they do maintain an updated list of legal representation in the area willing to work with students, and they may be able to refer you to someone on that list. 

Centre County Courthouse 

 The County Courthouse maintains a list of low-cost attorneys who serve the area. 

Accommodations through the Office of Sexual Misconduct Prevention and Response  

Understand your rights as a Respondent

Academic Accommodations 

Going through the Title IX process can be stressful. If you find that the meetings and responsibilities associated with the case are causing you to fall behind in your class work and attendance, speak with your Title IX caseworker or investigator. You have the right to reasonable academic accommodations while you navigate the Title IX process.  

Housing Modifications 

If the investigation features someone you live with or close to, you may desire to change your living arrangements. One of the potential accommodations to you, if you live on campus, is a housing accommodation, including permanent or temporary room re-assignments, or the provision of a temporary safe space on campus.