Skip to main content
Get Urgent Help


Working in Student Affairs

Student Affairs offers many opportunities for on-campus student employment. We give you the opportunity to work alongside talented staff and gain professional experience to prepare you for your future career. We offer several types of employment:

Part-Time Wage Positions

Many of our offices hire students for part-time wage positions. Two of our largest student employers are Campus Recreation and the HUB-Robeson Center. However, many of our smaller opportunities also hire students and provide opportunities to get experience in areas such as marketing, photography, graphic design, event planning, program development, etc. To apply for current openings visit the Penn State Jobs website and search for part-time and/or temporary jobs.

Federal Work-Study Positions

Work-study positions have eligibility criteria. Visit the Office of Student Aid website to learn more about work-study positions. To apply for a work-study position, visit the Penn State Jobs website and search for work-study positions.

Graduate and Post Doctoral Positions

Some of our offices, offer positions for graduate students and postdocs. Graduate students interested in Student Affairs fields or counseling should reach out to our offices for more information. Graduate students can also visit the Penn State Jobs website and search for graduate/student/postdoc jobs.