Healthy Living & Healthy Habits
You got this! From eating well to getting enough sleep to managing stress, we can help you develop healthy strategies that will last a lifetime.
Health Promotion and Wellness
Health Promotion and Wellness is an excellent resource for student health education and information. We have programs and resources around:
- Nutrition and being active
- Resilience and mindfulness
- Stress and sleep
- Alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs
- Body image and eating disorders
- Sexual health and healthy relationships
Explore events and programs, meet with peer wellness coaches or take advantage of the Relaxation Room.
Peer Wellness Coaching
Want to get healthy and stay healthy? Health Promotion and Wellness offer free wellness services for Penn State students with a trained peer health educator.
Services can be requested for:
- Healthy relationships and sexual health
- Nutrition/healthy eating
- Physical activity
- Stress management
Health Promotion and Wellness has compiled a collection of resources to help students manage stress. From programs through their office or sessions with peer educators to an online self-guided course, stress workbook, and more.
Students can also take time out to visit the Relaxation Room in the Wellness Suite in the IM Building.
Yoga, Meditation, and Mindfulness
A great way to manage stress, practice mindfulness, and stretch your body is through the many yoga, mindfulness, and meditation resources.
- Health Promotion and Wellness offers regular Yoga and Meditation classes.
- Health Promotion and Wellness offers a variety of events geared toward mindfulness and resiliency.
- Campus Recreation offers yoga classes through the group fitness program.
- Find meditation and reflection spaces on campus.
Sleep Information and Resources
You're not you when you're tired. Learn about the importance of adequate sleep and connect with resources to help you get a better night's sleep through Health Promotion and Wellness. Did you know, inadequate sleep can affect vital cognitive and physical functions, such as:
- Focus and attention
- Diet and metabolism
- Memory and learning
- Immune system
- Anxiety and depression
- Reproductive system
- Reaction time
Healthy Eating and Nutrition
Penn State has a variety of resources to help you learn about healthy eating and nutrition. From recipes and cooking videos to information about eating on a budget to support through our nutrition clinic or peer coaching.
- Free Nutrition Clinic
- Eating Healthy on a Budget
- Healthy Recipes
- Cooking Videos
- Peer Wellness Services
- Lion's Pantry
- Basic needs/food support