Mental Health Crisis Intervention
Crisis Services for Penn State Students
If you are experiencing a mental health crisis or need immediate support:
- Call Counseling and Psychological Services
814-863-0395 (Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.)
- Call the 24/7 Penn State Crisis Line at 1-877-229-6400
- Text the 24/7 Crisis Text Line: Text “LIONS” to 741741
- Go to the Mount Nittany Medical Center Emergency Department
- 1800 E Park Ave; State College, PA 16803
- Phone: 814-234-6110
- Call the Penn State Police at 814-863-1111 or call 911
The Penn State Crisis Line can also be used for consultation if you know someone or are with someone who is experiencing a crisis. The Penn State Crisis Line can be used at all campuses. However, the caller must be in the U.S.
If you are experiencing a problem with Psychiatric Medications:
- If you are having a problem with a psychiatric medication, call the prescribing provider. If your problem is urgent or involves serious side effects, call or go to the Mount Nittany Medical Center Emergency Department, 814-234-6110.
For Concerns About Others:
- The Red Folder initiative is a guide to help faculty, staff, and others who interact with students to recognize, respond effectively to, and refer distressed students at Penn State.