If you are experiencing a mental health crisis:
- Call Counseling and Psychological Services (Monday – Friday, 8am to 5pm) at (814) 863-0395
- Call the 24/7 Penn State Crisis Line at 1(877) 229-6400
- Text the 24/7 Crisis Text Line:: Text “LIONS” to 741741
- Go to the Mount Nittany Medical Center Emergency Department
- (Address: 1800 E Park Ave, State College, PA 16803, Phone: (814) 234-6110)
- Call the Penn State Police at (814) 863-1111 or call 911
Other Crisis Services
- Psychiatric Medications:
If you are having a problem with a psychiatric medication, call the prescribing provider. If your problem is urgent or involves serious side effects, call or go to the Mount Nittany Medical Center Emergency Department (814-234-6110).
- Sexual Assault and Relationship Violence Hotline (1-800-560-1637)
A new hotline has been established for victims and observers of sexual assault and relationship violence. Trained counselors on the hotline will help students access appropriate resources. Penn State students from any campus can call 1-800-560-1637 to access the 24 hour a day, seven day a week hotline.
- Centre County Women's Resource Center (814-234-5050)
- Mount Nittany Medical Center Emergency Department (814-234-6110)
The Center, located at 140 W. Nittany Avenue, State College, is the local rape crisis and domestic violence center. Trained volunteers provide crisis intervention for victims of rape and relationship violence on their 24-hour hotline. They also operate a shelter for women who are currently in abusive relationships and need safe housing temporarily.
Located at 1800 East Park Ave., State College, the Emergency Department can provide immediate care for severe crises such as drug or alcohol overdoses or serious suicidal thoughts. Students may call 911 for ambulance service to the hospital.