If you are experiencing a mental health crisis:
- Call Counseling and Psychological Services (Monday – Friday, 8am to 5pm) at (814) 863-0395
- Call the 24/7 Penn State Crisis Line at 1(877) 229-6400
- Text the 24/7 Crisis Text Line:: Text “LIONS” to 741741
- Go to the Mount Nittany Medical Center Emergency Department
- (Address: 1800 E Park Ave, State College, PA 16803, Phone: (814) 234-6110)
- Call the Penn State Police at (814) 863-1111 or call 911
Other Crisis Services
- Psychiatric Medications:
If you are having a problem with a psychiatric medication, call the prescribing provider. If your problem is urgent or involves serious side effects, call or go to the Mount Nittany Medical Center Emergency Department (814-234-6110).
- Sexual Assault and Relationship Violence
Center for Women Students (814-863-2027)
Office of Sexual Misconduct, Prevention & Response (814-867-0099)
Women's Resource Center (24-hour Hotline, 814-234-5050 or 1-877-234-5050)
- Mount Nittany Medical Center Emergency Department (814-234-6110)
Located at 1800 East Park Ave., State College, the Emergency Department can provide immediate care for severe crises such as drug or alcohol overdoses or serious suicidal thoughts. Students may call 911 for ambulance service to the hospital.