Student Internships & Employment
- Graphic Design Intern: https://www.myworkday.com/psu/d/inst/15$158872/9925$113227.htmld
- Writing/PR Intern: https://www.myworkday.com/psu/d/inst/15$158872/9925$113202.htmld
- Social Media/Content Intern: https://www.myworkday.com/psu/d/inst/15$158872/9925$113224.htmld
- Multimedia Intern: https://www.myworkday.com/psu/d/inst/15$158872/9925$113241.htmld
Are you looking for experience in an active marketing department?
Do you want to build your portfolio with real-world experience?
Student Affairs Communications and Marketing is always looking for student interns in areas, such as marketing, public relations, journalism, photography, social media, digital analytics, videography, and graphic design.
Student Affairs is a large unit of Penn State that houses about 30 departments. Students can work on projects for a wide variety of departments, including University Health Services, Campus Recreation, Career Services, Student Activities, Diversity Offices, and more.
Students work closely with professional staff and can gain experience in many areas depending on their interests. We offer for credit and paid opportunities. During the semester, students typically work about 10-12 hours and we work around a student's class schedule. Students often stay for multiple semesters or even years and are able to build experience for future employement.
Benefits of working with our office
Students who work with our office get hands-on experience and feedback from professionals in the field. Some key benefits of working in our office include:
- Receive competitive pay starting at $9.50/hour with the possibility of raises
- Work closely with professional staff in an active marketing department
- Leave with a robust portfolio of work
- Work during the week between 9-4; weekends/evenings are free
- Receive academic credits, depending on your college/major
- Stay for multiple semesters/years to build ongoing experience
- Work on a wide variety of projects from t-shirts and stickers, to posters and brochures, and much more!
Please complete our Student Employee Interest Form if you are interested in learning more or applying for current openings. We will reach out with more information about current opportunities.