Digital Screen Management and Content Sharing
If you are considering a digital sign for your building or office, reach out to Student Affairs IT and Communications & Marketing BEFORE making a decision. We can help you determine the best sign placement for maximum return, purchase compatible equipment, and create a realistic content management plan.
If you already have a sign in your area or are interested in sharing content with Student Affairs, please use the resources on this page.
- For Content Creators
How to create content slides
All content must be created/sized at 16:9 ratio for optimum display.
16:9 ratio (1920 pixels x 1080 pixels @ 72 dpi)
Use large, easily readable fonts
- Stay away from scripts or fancy fonts
- Body text should be about 30 point or above (depends on the font)
- Headline text should be about 80 point or above (depends on the font)
- Use basic colors for body text (black/dark blue)
- Keep your text to about 10-20 words
- Try to read it OUT LOUD. If you can't read it in 10 seconds, it's too much text
Ensure the background is not distracting
- Choose solid colors for the background when possible
- If using a photo, fade the photo or put a block of solid color behind the text
- Ensure high contrast between the background and text colors (try changing the document to grayscale to test the contrast)
- For Digital Screen Managers
How to access the system
Student Affairs uses the FourWinds Interactive signage system. The signs are managed via the Content Manager Desktop, which is software installed on the user’s computer.
- To request installation of the Content Manager Desktop
- If you need a new digital sign installed or need a new sign configured on an existing screen
- To troubleshoot an existing screen
How to set up your digital screen
Within the Content Manager Desktop, use the following template for all Student Affairs digital signage (horizontal):
Templates / SA Standard 16:9
- Includes a single 16:9 content source region
- Includes an optional text scroll/feed source region at the bottom – Recommend only for signs that are used in a waiting area
Recommended news feed (for use only in waiting areas)
Content / Feeds / University Park Newswire
Recommended weather media:
Content / Feeds / CampusWeatherServiceDopplarRadar
note: weather media is sized 16:9 for placement in main content source region
- Sharing Content
If you have content you would like placed on a screen in one of our Student Affairs Buildings, please contact the screen manager directly.
Student Affairs Buildings with screens and screen managers
Bank of America Career Services Building
Jenna Kyger-Lewis, email@example.com
Boucke Building (222 Suite)
Susan Lechtanski, firstname.lastname@example.org
Jen Lee, email@example.com
IM Building (Health Promotion & Wellness Office)
Pasquerilla Spiritual Center
Rachel Galloway, firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Health Center (CAPS)
Kate Staley, email@example.com
Digital Slide Submission Request Form
To request a digital slide on a screen in Student Affairs buildings please fill out the following web form. After you submit the form, you will be directed to a new page where you will upload your content.
Keep in mind, slides MUST be submitted in the correct format in order for us to display them. View specification and best practices in the For Content Creators section on this page.