Digital Screen Management and Content Sharing
If you are considering a digital sign for your building or office, reach out to Student Affairs IT and Communications & Marketing BEFORE making a decision. We can help you determine the best sign placement for maximum return, purchase compatible equipment, and create a realistic content management plan.
If you already have a sign in your area or are interested in sharing content with Student Affairs, please use the resources on this page.
- For Content Creators
All content must be created/sized at 16:9 ratio for optimum display. 16:9 ratio (1920 pixels wide x 1080 pixels high @ 72 dpi)
Use large, easily readable fonts
- Stay away from scripts or fancy fonts
- Body text should be about 30 point or above (depends on the font)
- Headline text should be about 80 point or above (depends on the font)
- Use basic colors for body text (black/dark blue)
- Keep your text to about 10-20 words
- Try to read it OUT LOUD. If you can't read it in 10 seconds, it's too much text
Ensure the background is not distracting
- Choose solid colors for the background when possible
- If using a photo, fade the photo or put a block of solid color behind the text
- Ensure high contrast between the background and text colors (try changing the document to grayscale to test the contrast)
- For Digital Screen Managers
How to access the system
Student Affairs uses the FourWinds Interactive signage system. However, our sign content is managed through a spreadsheet in Box. To set up a spreadsheet for your digital screen and request training, contact Student Affairs Communications & Marketing.
If you are experiencing technical issues with the digital TV, please Contact Student Affairs IT and cc: Shea Bracken, email@example.com, and Jenna Lewis, firstname.lastname@example.org, on your ticket.
For issues with content slides or Box spreadsheets, please contact Jenna Lewis with Student Affairs Communications and Marketing.
Digital Slide Submission Request Form
Student Affairs has multiple digital screens throughout our buildings, which include the HUB, the IM Building, the Bank of America Career Services Building, the Pasquerilla Spiritual Center, and others. If you have content you would like shared on screens in these buildings, please follow these guidelines.
To request a digital slide on a screen in Student Affairs buildings please fill out the following web form. After you submit the form, you will be directed to a new page where you will upload your content.
Keep in mind, slides MUST be submitted in the correct format in order for us to display them. View specifications and best practices in the For Content Creators section on this page.
- Student Organizations: Please submit your content for consideration through the HUB Marketing Office.