Toilet Paper, Elevator Pitch, and Digital Marketing
Print & Digital Advertising for Student Orgs
Recognized Student Organizations in good standing with the Office of Student Activities can advertise their upcoming events on the following platforms at no cost.
- The HUB Marketing Office produces two weekly, full-color publications called The Toilet Paper and The Elevator Pitch for distribution in the HUB-Robeson Center.
- Thu HUB-Robeson Center, as well as many other Student Affairs buildings, have digital TVs and/or kiosks that run advertising.
Ads must follow these guidelines in order to be considered for either platform:
- 1920 pixels by 1080 pixels (6.4” wide by 3.6” high) in landscape/horizontal orientation
- jpg or png file
- Well designed and readable: use large easily readable fonts, keep text to about 20 words, stay away from distracting background graphics
- Templates are available to download
How to submit
We are not accepting submissions for summer 2021. Please check back in August 2021 for submission details.
Submissions must be received prior to Thursdays by 5:00 p.m., the week prior to publication, in order to be considered for print.
We receive many more ad submissions than we can publish each week in The Toilet Paper and The Elevator Pitch. Priority will be given to upcoming events. If your ad does not make it into these publications, we'll still place it on the digital signs.
Student Affairs Offices & Other Penn State Departments
If you are interested in running an ad on our digital signs in the HUB or other Student Affairs building, please visit our Digital Marketing Page.
Student Affairs Offices
Student Affairs Offices can submit to The Toilet Paper and The Elevator Pitch at no cost. Space is limited and we cannot run all ads. We will prioritize upcoming events. Please submit your ad following the guidelines above.
Other Penn State Departments
Advertising submissions from Penn State departments and units can be reserved at a rate of $100 per issue. Space is limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis. You can reserve space through the end of the current semester.
Payments must be made at the time of the reservation and will only be accepted through a cost center.
You must submit your ad at the time of your reservation in order for your reservation to be complete.
Publishing Dates & Deadlines
- Summer 2021 Publication Schedule
Toilet Paper/Elevator Pitch will not be accepting ads during summer 2021. Please check back in August for submission details.
- Summer Issue: August 15-21
- Fall 2021 Publication Schedule
- Issue 1: August 22-28
- Issue 2: August 29-September 4
- Issue 3: September 5-11
- Issue 4: September 12-18
- Issue 5: September 19-25
- Issue 6: September 26-October 2
- Issue 7: October 3-9
- Issue 8: October 10-16
- Issue 9: October 17-23
- Issue 10: October 24-30
- Issue 11: October 31-November 6
- Issue 12: November 7-13
- Issue 13: November 14-20
- No Toilet Paper/Elevator Pitch: November 21-27
- Issue 14: November 28-December 4
- Issue 15: December 5-11
- Issue 16: December 12-18
- Spring 2022 Publication Schedule
- Issue 1: January 9-15
- Issue 2: January 16-22
- Issue 3: January 23-29
- Issue 4: January 30-February 5
- Issue 5: February 6-12
- Issue 6: February 13-19
- Issue 7: February 20-26
- Issue 8: February 27-March 5
- No Toilet Paper/Elevator Pitch: March 6-12
- Issue 9: March 13-19
- Issue 10: March 20-26
- Issue 11: March 27-April 2
- Issue 12: April 3-9
- Issue 13: April 10-16
- Issue 14: April 17-23
- Issue 15: April 24-30
- Issue 16: May 1-7
- Summer 2022 Publication Schedule
- Issue 1: May 8-21
- Issue 2: May 22-June 4
- Issue 3: June 5-18
- Issue 4: June 19-July 2
- Issue 5: July 3-16
- Issue 6: July 17-30
- Issue 7: July 31-August 13
- Issue 8: August 14-27
We reserve the right to exclude advertising that does not meet the standards of the Student Affairs mission and the Penn State Values. Duplicate advertisements will not be considered for multiple consecutive issues. Ad placements are prioritized based on a variety of criteria, including submission date, event date, content, and frequency of ad placements.