Our Tennis program within Campus Recreation is broken into two categories, Community Tennis programming and Student Tennis programming. Please select the type of programming that you would be interested in.
The Tennis Center is open to Penn State students and public members. We regret that guests are not permitted at this time. For full-time Penn State students, no membership is required to play on indoor and outdoor clay courts. Masks are currently required when indoors.
The Tennis Center is a member of the U.S. Tennis Association and is the indoor home court for the University's men's and women's tennis teams. The center has 4 indoor courts, 5 outdoor clay courts and 2 clay pickleball courts.
- Policies & Procedures
Whether playing indoor or outdoors all shoes must be a tennis court type shoe or white sole. All Black Soled Shoes Are Prohibited.
Permanent reservations can be made at any time for a specific time and day for the entire season.
- Deposit of $50 per hour required for all permanent reservations.
- Complete deposit is forfeited if a No-Show or default occurs.
- Changes in permanent reservations must be verified at the pro shop.
- Specific courts cannot be guaranteed.
- Pre-paid courts for the season receive discounts. See court attendant for details.
Open Court Time
- Open court time includes any court available for rent on a non-regular basis.
- Reservations can be made no more than one week in advance.
- Advance reservations can be made by a club member, a valid Reservations Privilege Card holder, or a non-club member hold by credit card.
- All cancellations of reserved courts must be done 24 hours in advance of reservation.
- Reservations made less than 24 hours in advance of playing time cannot be canceled.
- Members will be billed for not appearing for their reservation (No-Show Charges)
- Non-Members will have their credit cards charged. for not appearing for their reservation. (No-Show Charges)
- Holiday Break: PSU Holiday break each year, the club will be open and permanent reservations will need to cancel in person one week prior to Holiday Break.
*Our indoor courts are the home of all indoor matches for both our varsity teams. Match schedule and practice times are the first priority for indoor use during the season.
No-Shows - Billed to members
Available at discounts to groups to rent the entire complex. Indoor season - Friday, Saturday evenings. Please ask court attendant for details.
- Contract fees:
- Booking Fee: $100.00
- Set up Fee: $100.00
- Outdoor rental: $75.00 per hour
- Indoor rental: $125.00 per hour
- All home Penn State Football Saturdays
- All home varsity matches
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
- New Years Day
- Christmas Eve
- New Years Eve
- Weekly indoor court time from 2:00PM - 7:00 PM is reserved for varsity practice during their season. The Campus Recreation Department reserves the right to close the building at its discretion for events.Tennis Team season: mid-September through mid-May