Our Tennis program within Campus Recreation can be broken into two categories. We have both Community Tennis programming and Student Tennis programming. Please select below, the type of programming that you would be interested in.
The Tennis Center is open to Penn State students, public members, and guests. We offer programs for all ages and all abilities, from beginner to tournament level players. For full-time Penn State students, no membership is required to play on indoor and outdoor clay courts.
The Tennis Center is a member of the U.S. Tennis Association and is the indoor home court for the University's men's and women's tennis teams. The center has 4 indoor courts and 6 outdoor clay courts. We also offer a selection of tennis products and are able to do most racquet repairs.
Group Instruction for PSU Students
We offer competitive play for students during evening court time. Competitive play may include games, matches, or round robin competition. This time is a great opportunity to meet tennis enthusiasts of all playing levels. While competitive, these events are designed for social and fun interaction. All of these student events are free of charge.
Late Night Play
Late Night Tennis and Pickleball are offered four evenings a week (times vary). The courts are opened for recreational play and participants are free to design their own fun. On occasion, one or more of our professional staff will run games designed to include a large number of participants in a fast, fun, and friendly setting. Late Night Tennis is always free for Penn State Students.
- Policies & Procedures
Whether playing indoor or outdoors all shoes must be a tennis court type shoe or white sole. All Black Soled Shoes Are Prohibited.
Permanent reservations can be made at any time for a specific time and day for the entire season.
- Deposit of $50 per hour required for all permanent reservations.
- Complete deposit is forfeited if a No-Show or default occurs.
- Changes in permanent reservations must be verified at the pro shop.
- Specific courts cannot be guaranteed.
- Pre-paid courts for the season receive discounts. See court attendant for details.
Open Court Time
- Open court time includes any court available for rent on a non-regular basis.
- Reservations can be made no more than one week in advance.
- Advance reservations can be made by a club member, a valid Reservations Privilege Card holder, or a non-club member hold by credit card.
- All cancellations of reserved courts must be done 24 hours in advance of reservation.
- Reservations made less than 24 hours in advance of playing time cannot be canceled.
- Members will be billed for not appearing for their reservation (No-Show Charges)
- Non-Members will have their credit cards charged. for not appearing for their reservation. (No-Show Charges)
- Holiday Break: PSU Holiday break each year, the club will be open and permanent reservations will need to cancel in person one week prior to Holiday Break.
*Our indoor courts are the home of all indoor matches for both our varsity teams. Match schedule and practice times are the first priority for indoor use during the season.
No-Shows - Billed to members
Available at discounts to groups to rent the entire complex. Indoor season - Friday, Saturday evenings. Please ask court attendant for details.
- Contract fees:
- Booking Fee: $100.00
- Set up Fee: $100.00
- Outdoor rental: $75.00 per hour
- Indoor rental: $125.00 per hour
- All home Penn State Football Saturdays
- All home varsity matches
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
- New Years Day
- Christmas Eve
- New Years Eve
- Weekly indoor court time from 2:00PM - 7:00 PM is reserved for varsity practice during their season. The Campus Recreation Department reserves the right to close the building at its discretion for events.Tennis Team season: mid-September through mid-May