Resources & Information
Resources and Information for Adult Learners and Veterans
If you're an adult returning to higher education, or beginning college after working or raising a family, we provide a network of support throughout your educational journey. If you need assistance with admission, child care, financial aid, housing, registration, University policies or procedures, help finding a tutor, or a quiet space to study, we can point you in the appropriate direction and connect you with university or community resources.
Each semester, orientation programs and open houses provide new undergraduate students including adult learners, first-year, change of campus, and transfer students, a way to connect with one another. You are encouraged to attend these events, participate and learn more about free resources, and dynamic experiences available to all Penn State students.
Single adults, student parents, veterans and married undergraduates all belong and thrive at Penn State.
We have compiled a list of links that might be useful as you navigate campus life.
- Adult Learner Honor Society - Alpha Sigma Lambda, a national honor society
- Adult Learners at Penn State Student Organization
- Childcare Subsidy
- Counseling & Psychological Services at University Park (CAPS)
- Clearinghouse for Military Family Readiness
- Commission for Adult Learners
- id+ (Student ID card): Add LionCash funds, view account balances, featured merchants, etc.
- Military Appreciation
- Penn State's Office of Veterans Programs (OVPEE)
325 Boucke Building | (814) 863-0465
- Student Engagement Network: Participate in an out-of-the-classroom learning experience
- Veteran Student Career Resources
- Penn State Pharmacy
- Basic Needs and Housing/Food Support
World Campus Resources
- Penn State World Campus
- Scholarships for Adult Learners
- World Campus Services for Military and Veteran Students
Local and National Resources