The Office of Fraternity and Sorority Compliance will work to enhance safety and risk management within Penn State’s fraternity and sorority community by working with the students and other strategic partners and stakeholders to implement a process for identification, assessment, mitigation, tracking, oversight, response, and management of risks. Fraternity and Sorority Compliance will strive to improve the safety of the fraternity and sorority community, and thus its overall success.
To improve safety in the Penn State fraternity and sorority community through exceptional interactions and education, collaborative engagement, and strategic partnerships.
- Encourage and enhance safety and risk management through collaboration, robust education, and monitoring
- Assess safety and risks within the fraternity and sorority community and develop appropriate strategies and interventions to address
- Form positive and collaborative relationships with appropriate stakeholders built on communication, trust, effective leadership, and accountability
- Work with stakeholders to infuse a culture of risk management awareness and focus within the fraternity and sorority community
- Exemplify the University’s commitment to helping fraternity and sorority members have a safe and developmental experience
- Continually assess success and refine practices and procedures as necessary
Excellence and Continuous Improvement
Deliver consistent learning experiences and hold the fraternity and sorority community accountable to high-quality safety standards.
Integrity and Respect
Serve as advisors and advocates to foster trusted partnerships for internal and external safety. Treat chapters consistently; be clear in expectations; openly communicate.
Diversity and Inclusion
Create a safe fraternity and sorority environment by treating everyone with respect, dignity, and compassion; celebrating similarities while embracing differences.
Provide agile, sustainable solutions and services through continuous, collaborative efforts. Work to continually improve practices.
Growth and Development
Commit to providing leadership opportunities for students which are paramount to the success of the organization.