Pharmacy Services for Employees
First-Time Pharmacy Customers
First-time pharmacy customers should complete the Pharmacy Employee/Retiree Enrollment Form and submit it along with, or prior to, their first prescription order.
The Pharmacy Employee/Retiree Enrollment Form can be dropped off at the pharmacy during regular business hours, or mailed to:
202 Student Health Center
University Park, PA 16802
If you have a new prescription(s) that needs to be filled, please attach it to the form. After your first prescription has been filled you will be able to use one of our easy prescription refill options.
Filling a New Prescription
The Pharmacy will fill written, original prescriptions. You may bring your prescription to the pharmacy service window, have your clinician fax it to the pharmacy at 814-863-5371, or mail it to the pharmacy.
Refilling a Prescription
Need a prescription refilled? If you already have a prescription on file at University Health Services Pharmacy, we offer several convenient ways to request refills. Your prescription will be ready for pickup within several business hours after you place your order.
- Refills by Phone: You can phone in your refill request 24/7 through our automated refill system. Just call 814-865-9321 and press "3." Be sure to have your prescription refill number handy - it is located on the left corner of the label.
- Refills Online: You can submit a prescription refill request online 24/7.
- Mobile App: Download the mobileRX app from the App Store or Google Play and search for UHS Pharmacy using telephone number 814-865-9321
We offer three convenient delivery options for Penn State employees. You may pick up your prescriptions in-person, have them delivered to your campus address, or have them delivered directly to your home address.
- Campus Delivery: Have your prescriptions delivered to your campus address for free! There is no charge for current Penn State employees to mail prescriptions to a Penn State campus address; this includes Penn State employees at Cooperative Extension offices. Please be sure to provide your current campus address.
- Home Delivery: For a flat $3.00 shipping and handling fee, you can have your prescriptions mailed to your home address (PA & FL addresses only). The price is the same no matter how many medications are in the package. Consolidating all your medications into one order is a great way to save money! Please allow up to 14 business days for home delivery.
In-person Pick Up: If you choose to pick up your prescriptions in-person, they will be ready within two business days. The pharmacy generally experiences less traffic before 11:30 a.m. View pharmacy hours and location for parking information.
Mailing Restrictions: We will not mail certain medications, including Adderall, Concerta, Dexedrine, Oxycontin, Duragesic, Percocet/Percodan, Ritalin, Metadate CD, and their generic equivalents and other CII narcotics.
Save with Maintenance Prescriptions
When medicine is prescribed for a chronic condition and must be taken on a regular, recurring basis, that medication is classified as a maintenance drug.
Penn State employees enrolled in the PPO Insurance Plan pay only a 20 percent co-insurance on 90-day supplies of many popular maintenance drugs (a cost savings of nearly 30 percent vs. 30-day retail pricing). 90-day supplies are also available with the PPO Savings Plan and alternate insurance--please inquire for pricing.
A formulary is a preferred list of medications that encourages the use of the most clinically-effective and cost-effective medications. Aetna maintains the formulary, (a list of covered drugs) that applies to both retail and maintenance programs.
Generic drugs will be substituted for brand-name drugs. A generic drug is one that meets the same FDA standards for safety as a brand name drug, is therapeutically equivalent to a brand name drug, and has the same active ingredients in the same amounts. Using generic medications, when available helps you minimize out-of-pocket expenses.
Pharmacy services can be paid by cash, check, or credit card. Pharmacy patrons may also set up a charge account with the University Health Services Pharmacy and pay off their billing statements monthly.