How to Join
In order to be eligible to participate in fraternity or sorority recruitment activities, students must meet the following criteria.
- Have earned 14 credit hours at Penn State OR 27 transfer credits OR be an Adult Learner
- AP, dual enrollment, and transfer credits do not apply
- Have a 2.50 cumulative Penn State GPA
- Be enrolled full-time at University Park campus (IFC and Panhellenic)
- Not be subject to any pending or active conduct violations or sanctions
- Participate in an information session sponsored by the Office of Fraternity & Sorority Life
Recruitment information links:
Like any opportunity for involvement in college, there is a financial commitment associated with a joining a fraternity or sorority.
Fees differ among individual chapters. New members can expect to pay higher dues their first semester than in subsequent ones. The fees go toward the Inter/Nationals, chapter operating expenses, and social functions. Additional costs throughout the semester will go toward chapter meal plans, pictures, gifts, t-shirts, etc. As about the financial obligations of membership during the recruitment process.
The University instituted a semesterly Greek membership fee. This fee will be charged to your bursar account each semester you are a member of a Greek organization. The fee is $90 for Interfraternity & Panhellenic Council members and $30 for Multicultural Greek & Nationa Pan-Hellenic Council members. The fee goes toward increased safety initiatives and resources as well as educational activities.