Socials and Social Monitoring
Fraternity & Sorority Social Monitoring
All fraternity and sorority chapters must submit individual proposals on how they plan to manage social events for their chapter. When a fraternity or sorority chapter holds a social event, the chapter must follow the guidelines below.
- Limit of 10 socials per semester.
- No day-long events.
- Only beer and wine can be served at socials with alcohol.
- Indoor and outdoor social events limited to the legal capacity of the chapter house.
- Service of alcohol at social events must follow Pennsylvania law and be distributed by RAMP-trained servers.
Our event framework provides a structure for a three-step process when a chapter registers a social event with alcohol.
- A pre-event planning conference at the beginning and midpoint of each semester, as well as on an as-needed basis
- An event assessment for each registered social
- A post-event assessment conference, as needed