Advertising in Residence Halls
Flyers/Signs in residence halls
Thank you for your interest in posting signs in the residence halls. Below you will find guidelines regarding posting in the halls and priority for signs.
Signs will only be approved for:
- Residence Life events/information (ARHS, NRHH, Residence Life announcements)
- Food Services
- Other University offices with contact information, including building/room and phone number
- Resources of general interest to residence hall students, sponsored by a University office
Typically signs regarding fundraising, group recruitment, or for student organizations are not approved.
To request approval, send an attachment of the sign to Lisa Grenoble at firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests should be sent a minimum of 10 business days before you want the signs to be posted. You will receive an email notifying you if your sign is approved to be posted within 5 business days of receipt.
Once your sign is approved, you will be responsible for making copies of your signs and taking them to 201 Johnston Commons.
Signs should be counted and labeled for each area in which you would like your signs posted:
- East - 125
- Pollock - 95
- North - 33
- South/Eastview Terrace- 188
- West - 48
- White Course Apartments - 30
Total needed: 519
Any organization or group is able to post on general posting boards in each commons. The group is responsible for hanging those signs and removing them when the event is over.
Stall Stories is a publication that is posted in residence hall restrooms.
Requests for stall stories publication must be related to one of the following topics:
- Residence Life events/information
- Food Services
- Other Student Affairs offices
- Information of general interest to residence hall students
To submit to Stall Stories, e-mail your request to email@example.com.
Space is limited and we are unable to include everything we receive. We reserve the right to edit submissions for length and for overall content. We usually don't include submissions about selling something and we typically do not include anything regarding fundraising or group recruitment for individual groups.