Advertising in Residence Halls
Digital Signs in Residence Halls
Thank you for your interest in posting signs in the residence halls. At this time, we are not posting flyers in the halls. You may submit digital signs for limited rotation.
Digital signs must be submitted as a JPEG or PNG file, formatted to 1920 pixels wide by 1080 pixels high.
Digital Signs will only be approved for:
- Residence Life events/information (ARHS, NRHH, Residence Life announcements)
- Food Services
- Other University offices with contact information, including building/room and phone number
- Resources of general interest to residence hall students, sponsored by a University office
Typically signs regarding fundraising, group recruitment, or for student organizations are not approved.
To request approval, send an attachment of the digital sign to AskResLife@psu.edu. Requests should be sent a minimum of 10 business days before you want the signs to be posted in the rotation. You will receive an email notifying you if your sign is approved to be posted. For additional information, contact Kelly Thom at email@example.com or 814-863-1710.
Any organization or group is able to post on general posting boards in each commons. The group is responsible for hanging those signs and removing them when the event is over.
Note: The 2020-2021 Edition of Stall Stories will be in digital format only.
Stall Stories is an informational and curricular-based publication that is posted weekly in residence hall restrooms intended to:
- provide education around living in a community, and
- connect students to resources and activities related to their residential living experience.
Requests for stall stories publication must be related to one of the following topics:
- Residence Life events/information
- Food Services
- Other Student Affairs offices
- Information of general interest to residence hall students
Please keep in mind that Stall Stories is not a marketing tool for outside agencies/businesses for solicitation or advertising purposes. We do not include submissions about selling something and we do not include anything regarding fundraising or group recruitment for individual groups.
Submit Content to Stall Stories
Space is limited and we are unable to include everything we receive. We reserve the right to edit submissions for length and for overall content
To submit to Stall Stories, e-mail your requests to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure to include:
- An image or graphic in JPEG, GIF, or PNG format
- Images should include limited text. Titles, dates, and times can be included with a call to action to learn more. A link will be included with the image to learn more.
- A website for more information to be hyperlinked