Penn State Leadership Institute
The Penn State Leadership Institute is an innovative leadership retreat
designed for undergraduate students at University Park to build meaningful
connections with their peers.
This six-day leadership development experience fosters a collaborative and
engaging environment for students to grow as an individual, a professional,
and a community member. The Leadership Institute views leadership as a
process, not a position so leaders of any level of experience are encouraged
What will I gain from this experience?
Participants of the Leadership Institute will engage in developing transferable
skills and a personal practice rooted in commitment to creating positive
At the end of the six-day experience, participants will:
- Embrace and align their core values with personal interests and aspirations
- Increase their capacity for empathy, working with others, and self-motivation
- Develop their ability to forge meaningful relationships based on respect and support
- Discover and explore an ongoing, active role in their community
Important Dates for 2018
- March 25: Applications due online by 11:59 p.m.
- April 12: Participant orientation at 7:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.in 302 HUB
- May 7-12: Penn State Leadership Institute at Camp Blue Diamond
Frequently Asked Questions
When is it?
May 7-12, 2018
Where is it?
Camp Blue Diamond (transportation provided there and back to campus)
How much does it cost?
The total cost per student is $100. If this directly impacts your ability to attend the Leadership Institute, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Who is eligible to go?
This is open to all undergraduate students at University Park who have not previously gone through LeaderShape.
This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, so participants are only able to go through this experience one time.
For more information or if you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com or call 814-863-4624.