Penn State Leadership Institute
The Penn State Leadership Institute is an innovative leadership retreat
designed for undergraduate students at University Park to build meaningful
connections with their peers.
This six-day leadership development experience fosters a collaborative and
engaging environment for students to grow as an individual, a professional,
and a community member. The Leadership Institute views leadership as a
process, not a position so leaders of any level of experience are encouraged
What will I gain from this experience?
Participants of the Leadership Institute will engage in developing transferable
skills and a personal practice rooted in commitment to creating positive
At the end of the six-day experience, participants will:
- Embrace and align their core values with personal interests and aspirations
- Increase their capacity for empathy, working with others, and self-motivation
- Develop their ability to forge meaningful relationships based on respect and support
- Discover and explore an ongoing, active role in their community
- Application deadline: coming soon
- Participant orientation: TBD
- Penn State Leadership Institute: May 6-11, 2019
Frequently Asked Questions
When is it?
The Leadership Institute will take place the week after graduation each May.
Where is it?
Camp Blue Diamond (transportation provided there and back to campus)
How much does it cost?
The total cost per student is $100. If this directly impacts your ability to attend the Leadership Institute, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Who is eligible to go?
This is open to all undergraduate students at University Park who have not previously gone through LeaderShape.
This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, so participants are only able to go through this experience one time.
For more information or if you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com or call 814-863-4624.