Summer Leadership Conference
About the Summer Leadership Conference
The Summer Leadership Conference is a three-day conference that brings Penn State student representatives together from across the commonwealth. Participants attend several workshops aimed at enhancing their leadership, citizenship and networking skills.
This year's Summer Leadership Conference will be held on August 5-7, 2019 at Penn State Berks in Reading, Pennsylvania.
The Penn State Summer Leadership Conference will provide a challenging and motivating experience for participants where they will learn to be empowered, confident leaders, both personally and professionally, and will be inspired to lead purposeful lives while upholding the Penn State values.
- Enhance essential skills and competencies and identify areas for further exploration and development in the pursuit of leadership excellence; specifically ethical decision making, creative education and innovation, group dynamics, and conflict management.
- Explain the importance of embracing a diverse and inclusive community and how those relate to multicultural competency.
- Define their leadership values and philosophies through self-awareness exercises.
- Demonstrate how their role as a student leader at Penn State can be applied to their future.
Please complete the 2019 SLC Registration Form to register your campus student delegates. Registration is due by June 1st. Registration for all conference participants includes accommodations, two breakfasts, two lunches, and two dinners, all meeting facilities, scheduled entertainment, registration, and other materials. Lunch will not be provided on the first or last day of the conference; please make arrangements.
The per student rate for this year’s conference is $240 per person. For those arriving the night before, a fee of $45.00 per night will be added. New this year: Campuses will be billed prior to the start of the Summer Leadership Conference. Payment will be due upon receipt of the invoice. In the event a campus must make a change to the registration, please contact Angie Cuva at firstname.lastname@example.org or (610) 396-6367.
Pride Groups Leader Facilitation
Pride groups allow students to “go deep” and explore the learning outcomes in thoughtful and transformative ways through a guided curriculum. Who knows you may be transformed too!
Pride group leader facilitator applications are now closed for the 2019 conference.
Education sessions are an important part of SLC as it is an opportunity for students to hear from you and learn from your expertise related to their development as student leaders. Please consider submitting 1 or more education session proposals for one of the four sessions. If your content might be acceptable for adult learners, please be sure to indicate that on the form, to ensure the appropriate designation. The call for proposals will come in a separate email.
We’ve gone electronic! This year the Statement of Expectations, Photo Waiver and Pre & Post Assessment are all online forms. Once your student delegation is submitted we will send them individual emails requesting they complete these forms and communicate any missing documents to the campus contact. All online forms must be completed prior to check in.
For each student or staff member you will need to complete the following information:
- Gender Identity
- PSU e-mail address
- PSU Student ID number
- Cell phone number
- Roommate gender preference
- Name of attendee roommate preference
- For those students returning to the conference for a second year please indicate this next to their name on the registration form. (Ex: Jay Arcuri - Returner)
- Number of Nights
- This should be two nights for all students attending. Staff may only be able to attend for one night and this should be reflected appropriately on the registration form. If you are interested in arriving a day early (Sunday night) for the conference please make sure to note 3 nights instead of 2 when you complete the registration form for your campus.
- Due to the location of the conference this year, many campuses will be arriving a day early (Sunday night) for the conference. Please make sure to note 3 nights instead of 2 when you complete the registration form.
- T-shirt size
- Dietary restriction(s)
- Housing accommodations
Once you complete the information on all the attendees from your campus you will need to click the submit button at the bottom of the page. Following this, you will get a confirmation notice that it has been successfully submitted.
Campuses will be invoiced for the number of students/staff that they register for. Invoices will be given at the conference. Just a reminder that you will be invoiced for the number of students/staff who were initially registered.
Please remember that all students are required to sign the expectations agreement prior to arrival. This will be included in your pre-assessment information.