Voter Registration & Election Information
Voting in local, state, and national elections is one of the most important duties of an engaged citizen. Students have the option to vote in their hometown or in their university community, where they live for most of the year.
Critical dates for voting in Pennsylvania
- Last day to register to vote for 2020 General Election: October 19, 2020
- Last day to request a mail-ballot: October 27, 2020
- The next General Election: November 3, 2020
Mail-in and absentee ballots
Signed into law in October 2019, Act 77 is a voting reform bill enables most Pennsylvania voters to vote by mail-in ballot. If you are eligible and plan to vote using an absentee or mail-in ballot in the primary election on June 2, you must first request a ballot, which can be done online, by mail or in person at your county election office.
- Deadline to apply for a mail-in or absentee ballot: Your completed application must be received in your county election office by 5 p.m. on October 27.
- Deadline to vote by mail-in or absentee ballot: Return your voted absentee or mail-in ballot so it arrives at your county election office by 8 p.m. on November 3.
The Center for Character, Conscience, and Public Purpose provides support and programming for Get Out The Vote efforts on campus and in the community.
For comprehensive information on registration, registration status, absentee ballots, locating polling places, voter guides, and more, visit Vote411.