Student Affairs IT: Policies & Procedures
- Student Affairs Access process
- The Manager verifies the background check.
- The Manager requests the new user's Student Affairs access via the Student Affairs Access Request Form.
- Student Affairs Information Technology Staff sets up the access to Student Affairs resources.
- The new user logs in to a computer and completes the required training: FERPA training.
- The Manager informs Student Affairs Information Technology Staff of the terminated user via the Student Affairs Access Request Form by providing all relevant information, including current Student Affairs system access.
- Student Affairs Information Technology Staff removes access to all Student Affairs unit software, files, and data.
- Supported Hardware
End User Equipment1 Desktop Laptop Chromebook Printers2 Tablets Peripherals1 Mouse (wireless/wired) Keyboard (wireless/wired) Monitor Headset
External Storage Devices Scanners Magnetic Card Readers Label/Receipt printers Digital Signs Power Sources1 UPS Power Adapters Networking Equipment
Port Activation3 Print Server
1 The purchase of each peripheral is to be reviewed by SAIT. The actual brand and model are to be recommended by the SAIT department and purchased with unit/division capital. Purchases made without the expressed approval of the SAIT department will not be installed or be removed from the Student Affairs environment and will not have access to SAIT resources.
2 Support comes through 3rd party (RICOH and/or PrinterMech) initiated by end-user not the SAIT department. SAIT will provide the printer an IP address and have it communicate with the networked devices and vice versa and support that communication.
3 Activation of the port, not the port hardware, or troubleshooting the cabling between end points.