Advisory Board Description
The Student Legal Services Advisory Board provides general guidance and support for Student Legal Services programs. The board offers input regarding the office's strategic direction and informs preventative education efforts. Board members provide connections between the office, the student body, and the community. The board is composed of an attorney from the law school, an attorney from the community, a University Park Undergraduate Association (UPUA) representative, a Graduate and Professional Student Association (GPSA) representative, and four at-large student representatives.
- To help shape the strategic direction of Student Legal Services
- To provide insight into students' needs and perceptions of the office
- To share the mission of Student Legal Services and encourage support of the program within the student body and community
- Attend two board meetings per year, one per semester
- Provide insights into student needs to help develop and refine the strategic direction of the office
- Represent the advisory board at outreach events as needed
- Help recruit future advisory board members
- Participate in Student Legal Services assessment efforts
- Serve a one-year renewable term
- Cocurricular learning experience
- Resume booster
- Opportunity to help share and support an important resource for Penn State students
Qualifications (student members)
Full-time students enrolled at University Park are eligible to serve on the Student Legal Services board, including undergraduate, graduate, and professional students. Members must share the belief that providing students with access to legal services promotes student success.
How to Apply
Students interested in serving on the advisory board are invited to submit a resume and letter of interest. The number of positions available will vary from year to year, based upon the number of board vacancies.
Kelly Mroz, Director
248 E. Calder Way, Suite 303