Student Legal Services Appointments & Drop Ins
How to Request Services
All University Park students who are enrolled and have paid the student activity fee and have personal legal needs qualify for our services. We provide referrals, consultations, or representation. The level of service we can provide depends on the facts and circumstances of the individual case.
The advantages of making an appointment are:
- We'll pre-screen your intake request for conflicts and email you in advance of the meeting if we identify any. If we do, we'll provide referral information via email to save you a visit.
- An attorney has time set aside to meet just with you.
You'll typically hear back from us within one business day after you submit the intake form. Appointments will be scheduled during regular business hours (8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.) when University offices are open. Complete an online intake form or call us at 814- 867-4388 for information on how to request an appointment.
If you're unable to keep your appointment for any reason, please let us know so we can offer that time to another student.
Virtual Drop-In Tuesdays
No appointment is needed for Student Legal Services' Virtual Drop-In Tuesdays, 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. at 248 East Calder Way, Suite 303.
Drop-In Tuesdays are sometimes the quickest way to get in to see an attorney. We'll give you an estimate on the wait time when you arrive, and you can make an appointment for another day if you'd rather not wait for an attorney to be available. We will have you meet with the next available attorney, so if you need to schedule a follow up visit with a specific attorney, we'd be happy to schedule you for an appointment for another day.
- Students are seen first come, first served.
- Students must still complete our intake form to see an attorney.
- Then drop in to our Zoom reception room during the scheduled hours. You'll meet with a receptionist who will transfer you to a private Zoom meeting room with the next available attorney.
- Prefer an appointment? Complete our intake form and we'll be in touch soon, usually within one business day.
Preparing to Meet with an Attorney
We love helping students! Here are some ways to get the most out of your appointment with one of our attorneys:
- Bring all documentation or other information relating to the legal problem to the initial meeting. For virtual meetings, email the documentation ahead of the meeting, or ask for a link to a secure portal to provide sensitive information.
- Be honest. An attorney must know the whole situation, even the bad parts, to help you.
- Our services are free, but you are responsible for all filing fees, fines, and court costs associated with your case.
- Be prompt for scheduled appointments and court hearings.
- Advise us of any changes in your mailing address, email, or telephone number as long as your case is being handled by our office.