Skip to main content
COVID-19 Support Get Urgent Help


How to Request Services

All University Park and Commonwealth Campus students who are enrolled in a campus that participates in the Student Initiated Fee and have personal legal needs qualify for our services. We provide referrals, consultations, or document drafting. Representation within Centre County may be offered in certain matters. The level of service we can provide depends on the facts and circumstances of the individual case.


The advantages of making an appointment are:

  • We'll pre-screen your intake request for conflicts and email you in advance of the meeting if we identify any. If we do, we'll provide referral information via email to save you a visit.
  • An attorney has time set aside to meet just with you.

You'll typically hear back from us within one business day after you submit the intake form. Appointments will be scheduled during regular business hours (8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.) when University offices are open. Complete an online intake form or call us at 814- 867-4388 for information on how to request an appointment.

Appointments are available for meeting with an attorney in person, via Zoom, or by phone.

If you're unable to keep your appointment for any reason, please let us know so we can offer that time to another student.

Drop-In Tuesdays

No appointment is needed for Student Legal Services' Drop-In Tuesdays, 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Students can visit drop ins in person at 248 East Calder Way, Suite 303 or virtually via Zoom.

Drop-In Tuesdays are sometimes the quickest way to get in to see an attorney. We'll give you an estimate on the wait time when you arrive, and you can make an appointment for another day if you'd rather not wait for an attorney to be available. We will have you meet with the next available attorney, so if you need to schedule a follow up visit with a specific attorney, we'd be happy to schedule you for an appointment for another day.

  • Students are seen first come, first served.
  • Students must still complete our intake form to see an attorney.
  • Stop by our office or drop in to our Zoom reception room during the scheduled hours. You'll meet with a receptionist who will arrange for you to meet with the next available attorney.

Prefer an appointment? Complete our intake form and we'll be in touch soon, usually within one business day.

Preparing to Meet with an Attorney

We love helping students! Here are some ways to get the most out of your appointment with one of our attorneys:

  1. Bring all documentation or other information relating to the legal problem to the initial meeting. It is helpful if  you provide copies of long documents, such as leases, in advance of the meeting. Do not email social security numbers, driver's license numbers, bank account numbers or other confidential information! For sensitive information, we can provide a link to a secure portal to allow you to send the information securely.
  2. Be honest. An attorney must know the whole situation, even the bad parts, to help you.
  3. Our services are free, but you are responsible for all filing fees, fines, and court costs associated with your case.
  4. Be prompt for scheduled appointments and court hearings.
  5. Advise us of any changes in your mailing address, email, or telephone number as long as your case is being handled by our office.
Explore in this Section
Appointments & Drop Ins
Penn State Student Affairs
Student Legal Services

248 East Calder Way
State College, PA 16801