Parent & Family Connections
An interactive series providing insights and answers to supporting your student
Each online event will feature Penn State staff who will share important information and resources followed by an opportunity for you to ask questions you may have about your student’s experience at Penn State.
These are optional sessions designed to provide you with more information on the topics below.
We will be announcing our spring and summer schedule soon. Come back in January for more information.
- December 9 - Is your student thinking Greek?
- Join us for a new Parent and Family Connections as we host the Penn State Office of Fraternity and Sorority Life to discuss the ins and outs of Greek Life at Penn State.
- June 3 - Keeping our Students Healthy (RECORDING)
- Stress and anxiety are common during the college years and Penn State offers a network of health and wellness services and resources from a primary care health center, relaxation rooms, fitness facilities, counseling, and more. Learn how and when your student can access these services to keep them healthy both inside and outside.
- June 17 - Finding Their Place: Supporting your student as they find new friends and opportunities (RECORDING)
- During the first few weeks of college, students are experiencing many things for the first time. They will be excited, yet apprehensive. Finding their place and making connections are important in those weeks. Learn about how Penn State designs programs and opportunities to help students find their place.
- July 8 - Dining, LionCash, and the Best Chocolate Chip Cookies on Campus (RECORDING)
- Learn what and where your student can eat and how we support students with food allergies - better understand the meal plan and when your student needs to use LionCash.
- July 22 - Navigating Penn State for Families (RECORDING)
- You’ve attended orientation and read the guides, but you still have questions. Join us to learn more about navigating Penn State, getting involved, and connecting to resources.
All sessions will be hosted from 12:00 – 1:00 p.m. ET on Zoom. Click on the "REGISTER HERE" link to register for each session. To view the recording, click on the "RECORDING" link. Please contact the Parents Program at email@example.com with any questions.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Sessions will be recorded and shared here at a later date. Once available click on "recording" after the session name to view.
Please contact our office for additional support at firstname.lastname@example.org or 814-863-1313.