Skip to main content
Get Urgent Help


ROAR House

University housing offers students the opportunity to reside in the Residence of Addiction Recovery (House). The ROAR House is located in White Course Apartments. There is no additional fee to live in ROAR House above the ordinary costs of living in the White Course residence hall.

Who is Eligible to Live in ROAR House?

Students participating in the Penn State Collegiate Recovery Community (CRC) are eligible to reside in this living option. ROAR House members are students who are free from alcohol and other drugs and who are in recovery from alcohol and other substance use disorders.

While residing in the ROAR House, residents will sign an additional contract with the Collegiate Recovery Community that indicates his/her agreement to not possess, use, or become intoxicated by alcohol or other drugs at any time. Residents will be asked to not invite visitors who may be in possession of or under the influence of alcohol or drugs. One experienced student leader is selected from the Collegiate Recovery Community to serve as a Program Manager and to ensure the healthy functioning of the residence.

Apply or Learn More

Space is limited, and students must apply and meet various criteria, and determinations as to who is admitted is ultimately the decision of the Program Director. To discuss your interest in ROAR House, or to apply, please contact Jason Whitney, Program Director, Penn State Collegiate Recovery Community: 814-863-0140. 

Explore in this Section
Addiction Recovery Housing
Penn State Student Affairs
Collegiate Recovery Community

106 Pasquerilla Spiritual Center
University Park, PA 16802


Our events and programs are open to all students regardless of sex, gender, sexual orientation, race, or any other protected class. Student Affairs is committed to building a community of belonging for all.