Paul Robeson Cultural Center Student Liaison Advisory Board
The Paul Robeson Cultural Center (PRCC) Student Liaisons Advisory Board is comprised of one representative (and one alternate) from each of the nine student organizations housed in the center and other invited cultural student organizations on campus.
For the 2019-2020 academic year, board membership includes the following organizations:
- Asian Pacific Islander Desi American Caucus (APIDA)
- Black Caucus
- Black Student Union (BSU)
- Caribbean Student Association (CSA)
- Dominican Student Association (DSA)
- Latino Caucus
- Minority Association of Pre-Medical / Health Students (MAPS)
- Multicultural Undergraduate Law Association (MULA)
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP)
- National Council of Negro Women (NCNW)
- National Pan-Hellenic Council (NPHC)
- National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE)
- Penn State Filipino Association (PSFA)
- Puerto Rican Student Association
- Queer and Transgender People of Color (QTPOC)
- Student Minority Advisory Recruitment Team (SMART)
- University Park Undergraduate Association (UPUA), Student Life Committee
The PRCC Student Liaison Advisory Board serves as a link to the PRCC, their respective organization, and the entire student body.
The board has four primary functions:
- To assist the PRCC senior staff in allocating co-sponsorship awards to student organizations. The board works collectively with the PRCC senior staff in making decisions regarding student-led programs and events that the PRCC will financially support.
- The board provides the PRCC senior staff with feedback on center programs and initiatives, insight on current campus/student issues, and serve as an assessment group to garner input for future program ideas and initiatives.
- The board engages in leadership development activities for liaisons and community-building initiatives for the PRCC.
- The board serves to collect and disseminate PRCC marketing materials regarding PRCC programs, initiatives, and services.